Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2016, 09:07 AM

61,734 posts, read 87,172,581 times

Advertisements

For the glory and the butter.
Starbucks has a lot of drinks, and just about as many food items as it does drinks, ranging from hot sandwiches to cold parfaits, topping even the fast-food goliaths in terms of variety.
But what are the best items on the ever-expanding menu? What are yours??

Here you go...
https://www.thrillist.com/eat/nation...enu?vortexd=65
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2016, 10:18 AM

9,150 posts, read 10,898,206 times
My favorites:
6. Old-fashioned glazed donut
5. Iced lemon pound cake
13. Classic coffee cake
14. Reduced-fat cinnamon swirl coffee cake

I usually get the donut, but I'll pick one of the others if they're out; to drink, a plain San Pellegrino or a pourover, depending on the time of day. I mostly go with this one particular friend after work, so it's usually the San Pellegrino.

I'm not a "Charrrrbucks!!! It's burrrrrrrrnnt!" shrieker, though. I bought a bag of Sulawesi on Monday, in fact. I just prefer to brew and drink coffee at home.

Old 03-24-2016, 11:18 AM

23,544 posts, read 24,049,201 times
1/ Turkey Sausage Sandwich
2/ Double Chocolate Brownie
3/ Chorizo sandwich
4/ Ham and Swiss sandwich
5/ Turkey pesto panini
6/ Italian style ham and salami
7/ Butter croissant
8/ Chocolate chip cookie
9/ Banana nut bread
10/ Iced Lemon Pound Cake
11/ Chocolate Croissant

Old 03-24-2016, 12:22 PM

16,394 posts, read 30,292,455 times
I have NEVER had a food item in a Starbucks.

Wht should I pay a 75-100% premium for a product that has been shipped in frozen when I can go to the nearby bakery, or local donut shop or panaderia where I can get something that was actually made fresh?

Old 03-24-2016, 12:45 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,264,790 times
Most of their food is not especially good, in my experience. The pumpkin cream cheese muffin is good. The banana bread and lemon pound cake and coffee cake, etc. are okay. The old fashioned glazed doughnut is fine, but Krispy Kreme and other doughnut shop glazed doughnuts are much better. The butter croissant and chocolate croissant are good.

I don't see it on the list, but they used to have grilled cheese. It was terrible! I honestly think it was microwaved, not grilled. I haven't liked any of their breakfast or lunch sandwiches that I have tried - I think because they are (I suspect) microwaved and microwaved bread just isn't very good.

Old 03-24-2016, 12:52 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,898,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
The old fashioned glazed doughnut is fine, but Krispy Kreme and other doughnut shop glazed doughnuts are much better.
I like the Starbucks donut because it is a cake donut, which I like much more than yeast donuts. And I don't find them very often. They may have them at DD, but Starbucks stores are more plentiful here. As for Krispy Kreme, the cake donut is all I ever bought, but they flamed out here as quickly as they flamed in.

Old 03-24-2016, 01:25 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,817,467 times
I've never had a food item at Starbucks. I've probably had one of their coffee drinks 3 times while waiting at the airport for an early morning departure.

Old 03-24-2016, 02:33 PM

4,669 posts, read 4,982,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
I have NEVER had a food item in a Starbucks.

Wht should I pay a 75-100% premium for a product that has been shipped in frozen when I can go to the nearby bakery, or local donut shop or panaderia where I can get something that was actually made fresh?
Cause there's not a panaderia in my office building. Or the hotels I stay at, or the airport, or...

Old 03-24-2016, 02:41 PM

3,308 posts, read 4,560,913 times
I have never had a food item at Starbucks. Wayyyy overpriced. $1.75 for one bite of a cupcake? No thank you!

Old 03-24-2016, 03:23 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
My favorites:
6. Old-fashioned glazed donut
5. Iced lemon pound cake
13. Classic coffee cake
14. Reduced-fat cinnamon swirl coffee cake

I usually get the donut, but I'll pick one of the others if they're out; to drink, a plain San Pellegrino or a pourover, depending on the time of day. I mostly go with this one particular friend after work, so it's usually the San Pellegrino.

I'm not a "Charrrrbucks!!! It's burrrrrrrrnnt!" shrieker, though. I bought a bag of Sulawesi on Monday, in fact. I just prefer to brew and drink coffee at home.
I love the glazed donut. I ordered one microwaved every time I went to Starbucks for years. Imagine my surprise the last time I went in. I ordered the donut, asked the barista to warm it up in the microwave, and he refused, citing "employee safety concerns." With them not filling up the drink cups and now not microwaving my pastries all in the name of "safety," I believe Starbucks is no longer a coffee shop, but a daycare in pretentious disguise
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink