Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2017, 11:10 PM

3,861 posts, read 3,153,772 times

Advertisements

fast food makes me sick, most of it anyway. the only thing I can enjoy is wendys chili , or white castle sliders.

everything else is basically loaded with salt an preservatives. burger king and popeyes seem to offer the saltiest, un healthy food.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2017, 03:05 AM

10,897 posts, read 7,393,957 times
fast food--or any food--can not only make you FEEL sick, it can make you actually sick.

you might have gotten just a teensy bit of contaminated food in your meal--enough to make you feel crummy but not full-blown food poisoning

Old 07-16-2017, 04:13 AM

1,638 posts, read 3,832,373 times
I think it's the salt content. There are fast foods I won't eat at all anymore (Papa John's pizza is one) because they are so salty, I would end up drinking tons of water afterwards to compensate, and then felt bloated and sick.

Old 02-26-2019, 03:30 PM

1 posts, read 1,024 times
Default RE:I think fast food is make me sick

yeah you are right mostly fast food makes sick and it is not good for health. Since inexpensive food is high in sodium, soaked fat, trans fat, and cholesterol, it isn't something you ought to eat regularly. Eating excessively over a significant lot of time can prompt medical issues, for example, hypertension, coronary illness, and heftiness. i have read a blog that is also related to this and its really great blog. you can also have a look at there, it will be useful to you: https://healthycounter.com/is-your-f...king-you-sick/

Old 02-26-2019, 05:46 PM

9,868 posts, read 7,705,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFarm34 View Post
One problem is I have a close friend who LOVES going out to eat at fast food joints because it's cheap and he doesn't cook much. Literally, everyday, sometimes, twice a day he will go out to eat. Surprisingly, he isn't too overweight because of it. So every time I hang out with him, we usually go to a cheap fast food joint. We hang out maybe 2 or 3 times a week.

I think the fast food is making me sick though. I notice when I don't eat it for a few days, my stomach feels less bloated and my nose doesn't itch as much. And I also feel like I have more energy and more alert.
Yup, it tends to leave me feeling bloated yet unsatisfied.

If you have not read the book Supersize Me or seen the movie, I highly recommend doing so. Also read The Dorito Effect.

Old 02-27-2019, 04:09 AM

1,198 posts, read 661,569 times
I have not eaten at a fast food establishment since 2009. I rarely eat out at all, maybe six times per year on average, and usually choose local organic style restaurants, though have also eaten salad bar at hospital cafeteria. Very occasionally when traveling I have picked snacks from a gas station like fresh fruits (apples and bananas can be found in many), sunflower seeds, single serve milk etc. Part of this strictness is from years of a rigid eating disorder (that has gotten much better) but I also like to cook a LOT and am a food snob.

Last Friday though, for the first time in a decade, I had french fries at a local restaurant that serves a fish fry on Fridays. It was my husband's choice for me lol, not mine. I had diarrhea 3x the next morning, and frankly though I felt stuffed right after I ate them, I was hungry an hour later, not something I have experienced in a very long time. It was so not worth it at all. Disgusting meal really. But it was probably good for me to get out of my comfort zone a little. I didn't gain any weight (though likely it's because of all the diarrhea lol).

Old 02-27-2019, 06:20 AM

50,376 posts, read 63,993,273 times
I have noticed that something at fast food places always causes bad repercussions. It could be the coke or Pepsi, the mayo, or the burger itself. Anyway, on the rare occasions that I eat there, I make sure I’m going straight home after.

If I stick to iced tea and a chicken sandwich, I’m ok.

Old 02-27-2019, 06:29 AM

4,603 posts, read 6,366,715 times
I have not eaten any fast food since 1975, when a stop at Micky D's caused me to puke my toes up all night.

Old 02-27-2019, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I have noticed that something at fast food places always causes bad repercussions. It could be the coke or Pepsi, the mayo, or the burger itself. Anyway, on the rare occasions that I eat there, I make sure I’m going straight home after.

If I stick to iced tea and a chicken sandwich, I’m ok.
Yeah, for me it isn’t always but it is often. Burger King must have changed something in their food, because the last few times I ate there I had to rush to a bathroom. Not sick feeling, just some kind of digestive intolerance. I stopped going there, yet I used to eat their food without any problem.

I stay the heck away from all fast food “cheese.”

Old 02-27-2019, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noregon98 View Post
Aside from eating unhealthy foods, most people don't chew their food properly and that can lead to digestive and weight problems as well.

Add the fact that the foods there are completely unhealthy, from the quality of oils used down to the fact that they put a little sugar in just about everything, buns, fries etc. to help make them kid-friendly as well.

Couple that with the I'm in the fast-food hurry up and eat- get back to work mode; just inhale and swallow-no need to chew properly and get my saliva into it, is now a recipe for disaster.
Failure to chew slowly enough that I can TASTE all the flavors happened to me over many years, probably from having to throw down food as fast as my husband. Seriously, if I eat the way I want to, which means taking more time, he is done before I am even half through. No wonder he farts so much. And keeping up literally makes me bloated, prone to diarrhea, and all kinds of other discomforts. Even after training myself to eat normally, as soon as he returns from being away, I unconsciously end up gobbling food sickeningly fast. I hate it. Sometimes I literally have to turn my body and head away to not look at him shoveling food in, but I still can hear him chewing, literally as fast as a rabbit’s hyperfast chewing.

Only recently, I was chewing slowly (by myself) and realized how many lively bursts of flavor there were in the salad mix I was eating, allowing saliva enzymes to do their job. Frankly, in fast food, there are no such lively bursts. In fact, I might not even want to taste all the weird stuff in it.

Salivary enzymes start the digestive process, and I would not be surprised if diabetes is worsened from terrible chewing habits. That alone is food for thought, and for changing how I eat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink