Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 08:42 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,433,231 times

Advertisements

I have had the one I use almost daily for almost 4 years. It has the replaceable plates. If they start to peal I can replace the plate (rather then the whole thing) that is the problem. It can be used on a slant as the normal George Foreman, it can be used like a griddle in the flat position AND it has plates to make it a waffle maker.

It makes fabulous paninis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2009, 10:37 AM

37,608 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I have had the one I use almost daily for almost 4 years. It has the replaceable plates. If they start to peal I can replace the plate (rather then the whole thing) that is the problem. It can be used on a slant as the normal George Foreman, it can be used like a griddle in the flat position AND it has plates to make it a waffle maker.

It makes fabulous paninis.
I've seen that one - I just don't want one that big. Wish they'd do that for the small ones.

Old 03-07-2009, 11:48 PM

985 posts, read 2,600,642 times
I've had mine for 3 years, it's the smallest one, and use it about 6 times a month. So far, I haven't had any problems. I don't scrape mine though, I put a paper towel on the plates of the grill after I'm finished using it. Then, when I wipe it down the food particles come right off.

Old 03-08-2009, 05:30 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,254,280 times
I bought one in the summer because it was on sale at an outlet store, only $29 or maybe it was $19, don't remember. But it's so big and bulkyI don't want to bother pulling it out to use it. Maybe I should have gotten one of the small ones. I'll probably give mine to my daughter since I don't really use it, although I have thought it might come in handy to cook chicken quickly for chicken tacos or chicken fajitas or something like that. The only time we used it we made hamburgers and cooked them for the recommended time, and they were really dry. They were not overcooked, but they were dry.

Old 03-08-2009, 07:33 PM

563 posts, read 2,569,881 times
I still have an old school small personal Foreman Grill. (Blue with bun warmer on top). No problems at all and its going on 9 years. In fact, ther have been times where I actually submerged the thing in water to soak the nonstick grill plate to clean it. I had no choice.

Works like a champion. No missing non stick components. We do have a brand new one in storage from our bridal registry that we will break out when we get our own home. It has the removable dishwasher safe plates. As for my little Foreman, I make sure it has days of sitting upside down to dry it out if it ever gets wet. A friend of mine has been soaking hers for years and has never had a problem either but eletrical components and wet should not be hand in hand. I regret doing it but I have not had issues.

Old 03-08-2009, 07:41 PM

7,065 posts, read 3,105,708 times
I've had mine for over 10 years. Makes great burgers! I don't use it very often b/c I forget I have it. lol

Old 01-23-2010, 11:36 AM

1 posts, read 3,129 times
One month into my most recent purchase of a grill and it is peeling teflon. I have only used a soft sponge and dish soapy water to clean. I am going to try and exchange it ,sans receipt, for another.I have previously experienced problems only after at least a couple of years.

Old 01-23-2010, 05:07 PM

1,741 posts, read 4,575,437 times
I have one from about 2004... still works great. I got a new one for Christmas because I wanted a bigger one. The old one was still going strong as of the end of 2009.

Old 01-23-2010, 05:59 PM

3,646 posts, read 5,419,786 times
I love kitchen things and cooking, but there are several gadgets or appliances I've never had. The grill is one of them. It seems like every time I get ready to buy one something else comes up. A few of you mentioned that the burgers are dry. Do you find this problem with other foods? Do any of you feel that you would really miss the grill if you had to do without it? For example, aside from my stove, knives, a few favorite vintage kitchen tools and some skillets I love; I would hate to be without a microwave. I don't "cook" in it per se, but it speeds up the process and makes life so much easier. I would hate to be without it so I can defrost, melt butter, heat water, heat up coffee, prepare another ingredient simultaneously for a complicated recipe, etc. Does anyone feel that way about Mr. George? Thanks!

Old 01-23-2010, 11:06 PM

1,642 posts, read 4,093,112 times
I clean mine when it's still hot and I've never had to scrub hard at all, had it for years.

Second to the above poster, Goodwill almost always have plenty under $5, often new or near new. Everyone should have one, they can be very handy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink