Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2009, 02:53 PM

1,273 posts, read 4,161,038 times

Advertisements

Because of all the stress i've been under these past few months, i've put on some weight. Has anyone tried this cookbook? If so, I'd like to hear the pro's and cons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2009, 10:20 AM

1 posts, read 1,479 times
Default Love Holly Clegg's Freezer Friendly meals...real world help

I have several of the trim & terrific cookbooks by Holly Clegg... her Freezer Friendly Meals was a gift and became an almost instant hit in my household because I tend to cook in batches. No question - making dishes ahead of time and freezing them takes the stress out of cooking and getting a home cooked meal on the table faster... Ms. Clegg seems to intuitively understand that while many women WANT to eat healthy, we get de-railed because it often feels like such a major commitment in terms of time and effort. We found her cookbooks are very "real world" -- different in that she offers healthy meals that you can make quickly with ingredients we probably already have. Some recipes are surprising in that I would have never thought to combine these types of ingredients - e.g. the Spinach and corn casserole - which we loved. Also a healthy twist on classics such as eggplant casserole and if you have kids – macaroni and cheese are great. I particularly enjoyed the opening chapter that explained what foods freeze well and which ones don't. She also shares tips about foods that change after being thawed (cheese, gravies, milk, yogurt, etc.) and tips on refreezing thawed foods that was very informative - and easy enough that even my stressed brain can remember! Also for those of us in a constant battle to lose weight (or maintain hard-earned weight loss), the nutritional information per serving is very helpful. Friendly Meals is probably one of the most often consulted cookbooks in my collection … so I don’t think you could go wrong here

Last edited by lcg5026; 05-01-2009 at 10:21 AM.. Reason: weird HTML script
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink