Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2010, 01:39 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,548,469 times

Advertisements

Do you make them from scratch or do you use a mix?

After discovering Zing Zang, I won't even bother making it myself. I may add extra horseradish and some Tabasco, but it really doesn't need anything.

I once added soy sauce and wasabi to it - it was yummy. I call it a Bloody Miko.

I'll add worcestershire, horseradish, celery salt, lime and olive juice to my Casears. Lots of lime.

AAAAND, did you know that Zing Zang is a GREAT marinade for steak?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2010, 02:08 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,836,467 times
My "Micheladas"

1 Dos Equis Lager
1 oz. tequila reposada(amber/gold)
2 oz. V8 veg juice (spicy)
2 dash of Tabasco sauce
1 squeeze lime juice

salt the rim of a tall glass
add ice
add tequila, V8 , Tabasco, and lime juice
pour Beer over ice slowly...

wedge the rim

Old 02-03-2010, 02:54 PM

509 posts, read 1,167,981 times
Interesting idea with the wasabi; never tried it.

Zing Zang and (spicy) Tabasco mixes are both good. Those are about the only mixes that I have found to be good.

If I do not have mix, I use tomato juice / V8 and whatever else I can find of these in varying amounts:

Salt
Pepper
Worstershire
Mustard
Grated Horseradish
Hot Sauce (Have used Frank's, Tabasco, Louisiana)
Olive Juice
Pepperoncini Juice
Lemon Juice
Lime Juice (this didn't taste right to me)
Juice from a jar of those little yellow peppers like they have in Steak and Shake
Anything else that sounds like it would go with a bloody mary

I have heard of people using beef broth, boullion cubes, and clam juice, but I just never seem to have clam juice just hanging around.

Old 02-03-2010, 03:17 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,548,469 times
Bloody Caesars call for Clamato instead of tomato juice. They're great. Discovered them in Canada.

Old 02-03-2010, 05:08 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,245,008 times
I make a variation I call a bloody hammer.

2 oz Super Premium Vodka

5 oz Clamato Juice

1 oz Pickled Lemon Juice (les moulins mahjoub brand is my favorite)

15 or so green peppercorns and their juices

good dash of white worcestershire sauce

In a shaker glass, Muddle green peppercorns and worcestershire sauce. Add ice and remaining ingredients. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Pour over ice in a glass rimmed with celery salt or lemon pepper. Garnish with a wedge of pickled lemon, and cocktail onions skewered to a celery stick in the shape of a hammer.

Old 02-04-2010, 06:09 AM

24,411 posts, read 23,070,474 times
I have tried clamato and its okay. But I wonder if theres anything out there with oyster juice? I love oysters a lot more than clams( taste wise).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink