Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 10:55 AM

5,717 posts, read 18,919,856 times

Advertisements

Here's the 2011 F150 towing guide for you to look at. Like I posted, the rating including trailer weight for the 5.0 in a Supercab is 9500lbs. The 6 speed transmission is worth it's weight in gold for your needs.
https://www.ford.com/resources/ford/..._F150nov18.pdf

Depending on where you're at financially, it may be advantageous to look at a close out 2014 STX with trailer tow. Interest rates are cheap, you'll get a warranty, and it will be new, not somebodys abused rig. Might take a look around. If making payments, used car interest rates are most often so high that buying new is cheaper across the loan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2015, 11:51 AM

3,046 posts, read 4,124,870 times
All I know is that the F 150 was the best selling pickup compared to GM and Dodge. Look at the history of the F 150 and see how it outsold all vechiles including cars for many years. The numbers don't lie the F 150 had been the pickup to catch up to. They have more variations than all the others. And GM is also going to a all aluminum pickup also.

Old 03-09-2015, 12:03 PM

352 posts, read 386,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vannort54 View Post
All I know is that the F 150 was the best selling pickup compared to GM and Dodge. Look at the history of the F 150 and see how it outsold all vechiles including cars for many years. The numbers don't lie the F 150 had been the pickup to catch up to. They have more variations than all the others. And GM is also going to a all aluminum pickup also.
Just be sure those historical records aren't separating GMC models from Chevrolet. That would give a false reading.

Old 03-09-2015, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by armourereric View Post
Thanks for the post, but my feed is transported in 55 gallon plastic barrels that require a certain footprint that would require a trailer anyway, plus I want to get to a 6000 or even 7500 pound feed run so I can reduce trips. At 14 cents a pound, capacity will limit me before expense, plus the entire return trip loaded is all uphill so I don't need to worry about going DOWN that 8 mile, 8% grade on interstate 8.
OK, I understand. As long as you're sure you can do everything with trailers that are 10K or less, and will never have a future need/want to load the truck heavy in the bed or pull very large trailers, then I'd say you're good to go with a properly equipped F-150. Personally, if the price difference weren't too great I'd still go with the 3/4 or 1 ton truck. Good luck.

Old 03-09-2015, 03:31 PM

3,046 posts, read 4,124,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halberto9 View Post
Just be sure those historical records aren't separating GMC models from Chevrolet. That would give a false reading.
Gmc and Chevrolet trucks are made on the same assembly line only differance is the trim packages. That's it I have a friend that worked at the old Pontiac truck plant a truck came off the line with one side with the GMC logo and the other side with the Chevorlet logo.

Old 03-09-2015, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Gmc and Chevrolet trucks are made on the same assembly line only differance is the trim packages. That's it I have a friend that worked at the old Pontiac truck plant a truck came off the line with one side with the GMC logo and the other side with the Chevorlet logo.
Yeah, a dealer showed my one that came in with a GMC tailgate on an otherwise Chevy pickup.

What I was meaning about published sales figures is that they don't separate GMC from Chevrolet when listing the results, or do they?

Old 03-09-2015, 04:50 PM

45,356 posts, read 60,546,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halberto9 View Post
Yeah, a dealer showed my one that came in with a GMC tailgate on an otherwise Chevy pickup.

What I was meaning about published sales figures is that they don't separate GMC from Chevrolet when listing the results, or do they?
I think they do split them. The same thing happened with the Ford Taurus, it always came in 2nd to the Camry. The Mercury Sable wasn't included in the Taurus sales. Drove Ford crazy.

Old 03-09-2015, 04:58 PM

1,831 posts, read 3,199,216 times
I do some farming. Have some cattle, etc. Can't you just have that feed delivered? Get a grain bin to stash it in. Usually they will come out and drop it off.

Old 03-09-2015, 09:30 PM

4,582 posts, read 3,407,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivertowntalk View Post
I do some farming. Have some cattle, etc. Can't you just have that feed delivered? Get a grain bin to stash it in. Usually they will come out and drop it off.

30,000 pound minimum, 2 years worth.

Old 03-09-2015, 10:37 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,660,936 times
Quote:
Someone already responded to this argument of yours earlier in the thread...

Quote:
Ford takes every opportunity it can to remind us their F-Series trucks have been the best-selling vehicles in America for more than thirty years, but there's a little more to the story. Between the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra lineups, GM has outsold Ford on full-size trucks in eight of the last 16 years.
Remember, the "F-SERIES" is always listed as the best-selling truck, not the F-150.

Quote:
For a 33rd year, Ford's F-Series pickup took its place at the head of the top 20 best-selling vehicles in the USA, outselling all other car and truck models.
That includes the F-450 and F-550.

GM does not compete in the MDT market, so those numbers have been misleading for a while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln