Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2008, 04:14 PM

15 posts, read 66,028 times

Advertisements

Do you know any website which offers every single foreclosure listing in every city, county, state, and all across the United States other than ripoff websites like foreclosure.com or realtytrac.com, because I think for the expensive prices they offer to search foreclosure listings, they just won't get the job done right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2008, 06:36 AM

505 posts, read 2,335,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsalims View Post
Do you know any website which offers every single foreclosure listing in every city, county, state, and all across the United States other than ripoff websites like foreclosure.com or realtytrac.com, because I think for the expensive prices they offer to search foreclosure listings, they just won't get the job done right.
Yes... Realtor.com will have all of them listed provided they are listed with a Realtor.

Old 07-14-2008, 06:52 AM

610 posts, read 2,728,688 times
The best source for free is county foreclosure listings. You said you were from IL which is a sheriff sale state. Therefore if you go to the sheriff's website and click on civil division you can see all the homes slated for auction. You can go to the county site too and click on sheriff then on civil division. Most counties tell you the bank's attorney, judgement amount, owner, address and auction date. Now these are homes that have been scheduled for auction so they are at least four months behind on payments and the owner has been served with papers from their lender. The preforeclosure homes may not be on this list, it takes several months before you are served by the sheriff. Once you are served it is about 7 months before the house will go to auction. Some counties are backlogged and it is taking longer. There are some people who are in their homes 12-13 months without making a payment before the house goes to auction.

Old 11-20-2008, 03:12 PM

6 posts, read 20,338 times
Jsalims, what do those two websites lack in your opinion?

Old 01-29-2009, 07:06 PM

1 posts, read 3,830 times
Not completely nationwide, but ForeclosureAuctionInfo does provide foreclosure auctions for free.

For just regular foreclosures (banked owned) try ForeclosurePoint.com.

Last edited by BumLuck; 01-29-2009 at 07:43 PM..

Old 05-28-2009, 08:40 AM

2 posts, read 27,908 times
Your best bet is to work with a realtor that specializes in foreclosures. They have an "in" with the banks and usually know all the ones in your area before the foreclosure happens.

Also, if you have the time you can go to the courthouse each month around the 20th and look at the posting board. Since they can only sell foreclosures on the court house steps on the first tuesday every month and they have to post 21 days in advance, you can see what's coming up in that county for the next sale by the 20th.

BUT BE CAREFUL!!!!!!!!!!
My neighbor's house at 402 S. Denton Street, Gainesville TX was foreclosed on recently. She had a new roof that was so poorly done that the city red tagged the house for failing inspection. This was a 90K roof- synthetic slate- looks great, but leaks really bad because the roofer used the wrong materials, etc. The whole thing was installed wrong and it has to be removed and replaced to fix it.

The realtor, Nesa Grinder of First Preston One, (according to the sign in the yard) who works for the bank, pulled the red tag off the house. We all thought that was wrong, and ethically it is, but by law, the realtor does not need to disclose anything about the home. And even though you are supposed to get an inspection, how many inspectors would see a brand new 90K fancy slate roof and think "oh, there's a problem"? And the next thing you know, they've sold that pig in a poke to some sucker.

I would suggest to everyone that you pull any work permits from the city or inspections done by the city on a house before you buy. Also, pull any legal records from the JP, county and district courts as well as pull title to see if any mechanics leins were wiped out recently by the foreclosure. And, ask the neighbors. Most people will be nice if you stop and just ask if they knew the people and if they knew of any issues with the house.

I know it sounds like a lot of work, but the last thing you want to do is buy a house is to find out you've got a 90K roof that has to be completely replaced, which is what will happen to the poor sucker that buys my neighbors old house.

Old 06-24-2009, 03:39 PM

12 posts, read 23,352 times
Exclamation Sherryingainesville!

I actually found this posting because I googled the address of a house that we are interested in (402 S. Denton) and found this post, Sherryingainesville. I am now curious about the roof situation, and am wondering if you can give me any additional information about this house. Please e-mail me at Dreya924 at hotmail.com if you can! Thanks!

Old 06-24-2009, 05:10 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,598,364 times
OP, Clark Howard recommends (and I've used it, too) emailforeclosures.com. They will ask for an email address, but you don't have to give it. The website is basic, but it is national and totally free.

Oops, I just read the date on the original post...sorry!

Old 08-25-2010, 01:52 PM

6 posts, read 20,338 times
Emailforeclosures seems like a pretty straightforward free site but they only offer REO's and properties posted by agents?

RealtyRobot.com is only in NJ and use a similar free-because-they-have-ads but provide listings prior to foreclosure
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs