Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 08:08 AM

28 posts, read 87,164 times

Advertisements

Anyone knows how I can get connected with the lender(s) as a buyer in a short sale. The lender is Wachovia (Wells Fargo). The seller's 1st loan has been approved but 2nd is not yet. Can I contact the lender directly? If yes, how? I know they refuse to discuss about the short sale unless you are pre-approved person to communicate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2009, 08:43 AM

7,244 posts, read 21,814,092 times
They will not talk with you as a buyer, especially in a short sale because they do not own the house. The home owners still own the house, and they will only speak with them. As a buyer, you mean nothing to them because the home owners are the ones who have to execute a contract and submit it to them for approval.

Old 11-23-2009, 08:56 AM

15,578 posts, read 40,440,822 times
The only way is for the seller to sign a release stating you are authorized to talk to the bank about their loan.

Old 11-23-2009, 09:31 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfall View Post
The only way is for the seller to sign a release stating you are authorized to talk to the bank about their loan.
And even then.....what's in it for an employee of the lender to have a discussion with a wanna be buyer?

If I recall, the OP wants to move in early and pay cheap rent.

Old 11-23-2009, 09:44 AM

205 posts, read 824,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSL1919 View Post
Anyone knows how I can get connected with the lender(s) as a buyer in a short sale. The lender is Wachovia (Wells Fargo). The seller's 1st loan has been approved but 2nd is not yet. Can I contact the lender directly? If yes, how? I know they refuse to discuss about the short sale unless you are pre-approved person to communicate.
I tried to buy a short sale earlier this year. The sellers had a difficult enough time just trying to contact their lender. In fact, the person they had to contact made it clear that the more you contact them the slower they go. As a buyer I don't think you stand any chance of getting through to the bank unless it's an REO. The bank might magically wake up if you try to pull your offer out. That was my experience....no action for months and then poof! a counter right as I pulled out. The place I wanted to buy went to foreclosure though. The short sale never worked out.

Old 11-23-2009, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
And even then.....what's in it for an employee of the lender to have a discussion with a wanna be buyer?

If I recall, the OP wants to move in early and pay cheap rent.

I don't think any seller would allow a potential buyer on the authorized list but that is the only way for them to talk to the bank. It just isn't going to happen.

Old 11-23-2009, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfall View Post
I don't think any seller would allow a potential buyer on the authorized list but that is the only way for them to talk to the bank. It just isn't going to happen.
That would allow the prospective buyer to talk.....not the same thing as the lender being willing to talk to a prospective buyer. I am looking at this from the lender's perspective.

Old 11-23-2009, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDragon View Post

As a buyer I don't think you stand any chance of getting through to the bank unless it's an REO.
Banks are increasingly outsourcing the management and sale of REO properties to asset managers who hire a listing agent who may or may not talk to a buyer.

Old 11-23-2009, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Banks are increasingly outsourcing the management and sale of REO properties to asset managers who hire a listing agent who may or may not talk to a buyer.
I agree. Lender's don't want to talk to buyer agents. They hire listing agents to do all the talking for them.

Old 11-23-2009, 02:04 PM

Quote:
That would allow the prospective buyer to talk.....not the same thing as the lender being willing to talk to a prospective buyer. I am looking at this from the lender's perspective.
True, I think it is most likely that the loss mitigator would tell them to not call, or just not return their phone call.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs