Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 08:19 PM

26 posts, read 103,697 times

Advertisements

Good for you.. we have been waiting since - feb - we got the SA approval letter yesterday, and now the buyer decided to move on w/another property
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2010, 03:24 PM

31 posts, read 128,262 times
The frustrating part now is getting funding. We got pre-approved back in February but with no real contract, the loan could not be processed (?)

They want to close by May 30th, but we are being told even with a "rush" put on it we won't get funding for at least 3 weeks...UGH

Old 05-21-2010, 11:03 AM

588 posts, read 1,014,828 times
I had the same issues with a short sale but eventually got the house. Keep on them, every day if needed. Make sure you submit everything they need immediately so there are no delays on your part. Make copies of everything. Keep asking them what else they need from you, they seem to tend towards asking for stuff at the last minute. Make sure your earnest money is deposited well in advance of closing, they will want verification of that too (almost delayed my deal since the EM was not deposited until about a week before closing) Your realtor should be able to negotiate an extension of closing at this point, which you will probably need. Lending standards are tight these days, they will double check everything and it just takes time.

I locked a 30 day loan and closed on the last day of the lock, it was stressful! Esp. when they were telling me the loan was on track and should have been ready a week or more before it was. If we had gone over the date I was gonna raise hell because it would have been completely the lenders fault, not mine. I think in my case they would have extended the lock, glad we didn't need to. My realtor got the bank to extend the closing date by a week or so and all was well. Kinda ridiculous that the bank makes you wait so long (5+ months in my case) but then want you to jump and pull everything together instantly when they wave a hand. Just stick with it, you are almost there!

Old 06-04-2010, 06:27 AM

31 posts, read 128,262 times
Last Update...

We close today!

Just shy of 4 months total. Was it worth it? Yes...I have always felt that way....but it has been the longest 4 months of my life...lol

Thanks for all the good vibes!

Old 06-04-2010, 08:44 AM

104 posts, read 416,722 times
Congratulations!! I love hearing these short sale success stories! We have been waiting for almost 2 months now. It's been very long!!

Old 06-04-2010, 12:39 PM

76 posts, read 189,272 times
CONGRATS! its good to hear it finally went through. We just hit our 2 month mark since our offer was accepted by the seller. Still waiting on approval from the bank... Cant wait to get to the end.... were "suppose" to hear from the bank today at where they're at.... but we all know how reliable banks are at that...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs