Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2009, 03:58 AM

290 posts, read 637,087 times

Advertisements

There are 19 pages of them.

What's up?

I have friends wanting to move there but...

80526 Foreclosures and Foreclosure Listings in 80526 - AOL Real Estate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2009, 04:38 PM

169 posts, read 672,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virginia farm girl View Post
There are 19 pages of them.

What's up?

I have friends wanting to move there but...

80526 Foreclosures and Foreclosure Listings in 80526 - AOL Real Estate
But what? I bet you'll find that common almost anywhere today. Actually a good thing if you are looking to buy and pick something up at a bargain. It is not that bad - not even close to as situation Las Vegas faces.

Old 02-23-2009, 07:43 AM

423 posts, read 1,958,946 times
Colorado is no where near what some of the other states are facing. Plus you need to consider the population here. I don't think that list is bad at all.

Old 02-24-2009, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Emmerling View Post
Colorado is no where near what some of the other states are facing. Plus you need to consider the population here. I don't think that list is bad at all.
But, that was only one zip code in the area. There are others:

80521 Foreclosures and Foreclosure Listings in 80521 - AOL Real Estate

80524 Foreclosures and Foreclosure Listings in 80524 - AOL Real Estate

80525 Foreclosures and Foreclosure Listings in 80525 - AOL Real Estate

80528 Foreclosures and Foreclosure Listings in 80528 - AOL Real Estate

bproven, I don't think you can compare Ft. Collins to Las Vegas (apples & oranges).

Old 02-24-2009, 07:53 AM

Quote:
I'm comparing them from what I have seen locally regarding foreclosures and I know that LV has been hit severely by them. There are not as many foreclosures percentage-wise as a place like Las Vegas. In general this area has (so far) made it thru the current housing crisis fairly well. I'd guess there has only been a 10-15% decrease in prices since about 2007. Granted I wish the drop was higher - mainly b/c I sold my home in 2006 and have been renting and saving ever since waiting for housing to bottom out so I can get back in with little or no mortgage.

I'm really not sure the reasoning behind this thread. As I stated no place is insulated from the current housing situation and there are a lot of people who made dumb choices thinking their home was going to increase in value forever. Are you claiming that FC has a black eye b/c of foreclosures due to property value reasons?

Old 02-24-2009, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bproven View Post
I'm comparing them from what I have seen locally regarding foreclosures and I know that LV has been hit severely by them. There are not as many foreclosures percentage-wise as a place like Las Vegas. In general this area has (so far) made it thru the current housing crisis fairly well. I'd guess there has only been a 10-15% decrease in prices since about 2007. Granted I wish the drop was higher - mainly b/c I sold my home in 2006 and have been renting and saving ever since waiting for housing to bottom out so I can get back in with little or no mortgage.

I'm really not sure the reasoning behind this thread. As I stated no place is insulated from the current housing situation and there are a lot of people who made dumb choices thinking their home was going to increase in value forever. Are you claiming that FC has a black eye b/c of foreclosures due to property value reasons?
Granted I wish the drop was higher - mainly b/c I sold my home in 2006 and have been renting and saving ever since waiting for housing to bottom out so I can get back in with little or no mortgage.

I'm in total agreement with your plan! I just think that my friends should wait to buy, just as you are doing & save, save, save!

Are you claiming that FC has a black eye b/c of foreclosures due to property value reasons?

No, not at all.

Old 02-24-2009, 03:59 PM

This is an older article but still holds, very true, today:

There's No Shame in Renting, Home Prices Will Fall

Dec 03, 2007

In our society, there is a prevailing assumption that buying is better than renting. The fact is, there is no shame in renting, especially right now.

http://homeguide123.com/articles/The...Will_Fall.html

Moderator cut: copyright violation! Post link and first couple of sentences only

Last edited by katzenfreund; 02-24-2009 at 04:30 PM..

Old 02-24-2009, 05:38 PM

Quote:
This is an older article but still holds, very true, today:

There's No Shame in Renting, Home Prices Will Fall

Dec 03, 2007

In our society, there is a prevailing assumption that buying is better than renting. The fact is, there is no shame in renting, especially right now.

http://homeguide123.com/articles/The...Will_Fall.html

Moderator cut: copyright violation! Post link and first couple of sentences only
I agree wholeheartedly. IMO people looking for their first home should rent for a while and save up that 20% down payment (at least). Additionally don't look for that dream home - start small and focus on location (location!). Also treat a home as a shelter and not a short term investment. If you do this you can be prepared for the bumps we are experiencing now and put yourself in a good place for the future. Nothing wrong with renting!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area