Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 04:38 AM

355 posts, read 923,429 times

Advertisements

I know that The Lakes has larger lots than North Lakes, but which other communities have lots that are larger than the "zero lot line" size?

With three kids, I'd just like a larger than average yard (for Weston)...

TIA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2011, 03:37 AM

995 posts, read 3,930,971 times
Windmill varieties,
Weston Hills,
Landings,
Springs,
Islands,

Old 04-12-2011, 08:21 PM

2,976 posts, read 13,377,367 times
Don't forget parts of Bonaventure. :-) we have about 1/3 of an acre - we cannot look into our neighbors windows and we live in a nice well maintained neighborhood and no HOA.

Old 04-13-2011, 12:07 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,426,024 times
Define "large lot".

In all honesty, if you want a large lot anywhere in SW Broward, I'd look at SW Ranches. Most if, not all subdivisions in South Florida have small lots, unless you're ready to put some serious money on a property. Again, "large lot" is all relative. I find most properties in South Florida, rip offs by my standards.

We've been looking at properties again on our free time (in the Metro Atlanta area), and many of the lots are about 3/4-1 acre, 3CGs, 5BR for under $300k. That sounds like "large" enough for us.

But then, again, it's not in South Florida. Some locals (in GA) think an acre is too little for them.

Old 04-13-2011, 05:48 PM

355 posts, read 923,429 times
I don't want a pool, but I'd like enough *room* to have one, and a swing set, and a place for my kids to kick a soccer ball around. Is that a 1/2 acre?

I see so many realtor photos and the years look like a thin strip of grass and a white fence.

Old 04-13-2011, 09:10 PM

3,043 posts, read 7,714,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonlime22 View Post
I don't want a pool, but I'd like enough *room* to have one, and a swing set, and a place for my kids to kick a soccer ball around. Is that a 1/2 acre?

I see so many realtor photos and the years look like a thin strip of grass and a white fence.
1/3 of an acre should do it

Old 04-14-2011, 06:17 AM

11,642 posts, read 23,918,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonlime22 View Post
I know that The Lakes has larger lots than North Lakes, but which other communities have lots that are larger than the "zero lot line" size?

With three kids, I'd just like a larger than average yard (for Weston)...

TIA.
How much are you looking to spend?

If you are looking at North Lakes and The Lakes perhaps you should consider Executive I/II in Country Isles. It's not gated but it's lovely and the lot sizes are slightly larger than the newer developments.

If you are looking to spend slightly more money you can look in Tequesta. Tequesta is gated and the lots are larger. I really like Tequesta. The houses are a little older but this development is really really pretty.

If you are looking to move up further in price there are areas of Weston Hills Country Club with larger lots and you can also look in The Landings.

For the highest price point in Weston any of the developments that start with the word Windmill will have many properties on large lots.

Old 04-14-2011, 11:35 AM

3,043 posts, read 7,714,590 times
Last I looked in Weston (awhile ago I admit), I also fell in love with Tequesta. At the time, and I suspect this wouldn't have changed, you could get more house and more land in the same price range than you could find in the Country Club. To really get a decent amount of land in WHCC (anything around 1/3 of an acre), I suspect you're talking mega bucks.

Old 04-14-2011, 01:03 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,834,659 times
You can find larger lots in Savanna. This is my old house. I used to love the size of that lot.

The trick is to look for lots on street corners or wedge-shaped lots around cul-de-sacs.
Attached Thumbnails
Larger lots in Weston?-backyard.jpg  

Old 04-14-2011, 02:32 PM

11,642 posts, read 23,918,888 times
Ruski is right that there are some larger lots in Savanna and The Ridges also. The thing is that you really have to look for them and there is no guarantee that they will be available when you look. You may luck out though.

I lived in Savanna for 10 years and I liked it there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area