Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 05:54 PM

105 posts, read 250,109 times

Advertisements

Funny thing is, she just got her brother in law to hook me up with a second job which I have a trial day at tomorrow. If the job works out, I can stay here for a little bit longer and save more money. She can't move with me, she just signed a 2 year contract as an RN and she's going to be making 23 dollars an hour. She plans on getting a place soon and wants me to move in with her.

I do have it not bad here in So FL. I have cheap rent in a nice house. I got a great gf who's going to be bringing in a nice income and wants me to move in with her.

But it has been my dream to move to Houston for a couple years now. Even on our first date, not thinkn me and her would get serious, I told her abt my plans to move and whatnot. She has even offered to give me money if I wanted a little more for my move. What a great chick !!!! She's always there for me everyday !!!!

Sometimes, I just wish I never met her so I could be so excited about my move to that big old great Southern city of Houston. Oh, all the adventures and fun I'd have working and living in that city IMO. I have just had that itch to move so bad for so long now, it's really hard not to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2013, 06:50 PM

5,023 posts, read 7,452,988 times
Again, you need to be financially independent.
It seems you've gone from your mom to your current gf, as far as you needing them financially. Not good.

Old 03-05-2013, 06:50 PM

79 posts, read 186,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatboybigbFL View Post
Funny thing is, she just got her brother in law to hook me up with a second job which I have a trial day at tomorrow. If the job works out, I can stay here for a little bit longer and save more money. She can't move with me, she just signed a 2 year contract as an RN and she's going to be making 23 dollars an hour. She plans on getting a place soon and wants me to move in with her.

I do have it not bad here in So FL. I have cheap rent in a nice house. I got a great gf who's going to be bringing in a nice income and wants me to move in with her.

But it has been my dream to move to Houston for a couple years now. Even on our first date, not thinkn me and her would get serious, I told her abt my plans to move and whatnot. She has even offered to give me money if I wanted a little more for my move. What a great chick !!!! She's always there for me everyday !!!!

Sometimes, I just wish I never met her so I could be so excited about my move to that big old great Southern city of Houston. Oh, all the adventures and fun I'd have working and living in that city IMO. I have just had that itch to move so bad for so long now, it's really hard not to.
I don't think Houston is going anywhere anytime soon soooo...

Old 03-05-2013, 07:35 PM

142 posts, read 439,804 times
Do you have a current offer for a job in Houston? If not, are you just hoping it will work out? Who's to say you won't struggle for 6 months or so when you get there?

I'm female, so maybe that's why I sway toward the love story!

Now if there's a current awesome job being offered and you're literally having to turn down great pay for a great girl...that may be a little different.

Old 03-05-2013, 09:58 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,895,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatboybigbFL View Post

$50k a year for an RN really isn't that great...

The Median salary for an RN in Houston is $66,576. I'm sure you could talk her into breaking her contract and relocating for a $16k bump in salary.. Just show her these...

Texas Medical Center - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Texas Medical Center | World Leaders in Patient Care, Research, Education and Prevention since 1945 | Houston, TX Texas Medical Center

Good luck on whatever you do!

Old 03-06-2013, 01:26 AM

3,769 posts, read 8,802,427 times
No question - I would haul a$$.

Old 03-06-2013, 06:46 AM

205 posts, read 481,102 times
Move. You have to do whats best for you. Your relationship with this girl is fairly new so who knows if it will last another 3 months or year. If its meant to be she will come with you if not then there is someone else waiting for you elsewhere. You cant rely on you parents or other people to support you. Therfore its best to go where you can get on your own two feet

Old 03-06-2013, 07:40 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,696,073 times
Tough call, man.
I mean this could be the one chick. The one girl that you're gonna be with. What if uy move and u are financially independent and all, but lonely, miserable, and loveless? What good is the money without love?

I dunno/.

Old 03-06-2013, 09:03 AM

1,655 posts, read 3,247,551 times
Sounds like you are immature and would have problems wherever you move so you might as well stay if you are in love with this girl... and hopefully you grow up and mature with her by your side.

Old 03-06-2013, 09:22 AM

644 posts, read 1,485,499 times
I also believe in going with your gut. But you may want to give this relationship more time first. Girlfriends come and go (or in my case boyfriends) but in my case, there are only a few relationships I can look back on now and say they were great relationships with quality people. They really don't come along that often in life. Many things start out well but just aren't built to last. I would evaluate carefully before you think you can move and find another great person easily, especially if you have employment and/or money issues after you move.

Have you visited Houston and spent much time there? These boards are littered with people who moved to new areas and started over. Many of them tried it for awhile and then high-tailed it right back to where they came from. A primary reason always seems to be that they miss the friends and families they left behind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area