Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 01:35 PM

2,517 posts, read 11,055,650 times

Advertisements

I am in west Davie but am serviced by Sunrise for water and waste. My bill for January is double what it was for December. Does anyone know why ? My usage has not increased at all. I am going to call them and inquire about this, but figured I post first to see if someone else has noticed and already made an inquiry.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2010, 03:52 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,834,659 times
Gonna keep my eyes open. Weston gets water from Sunrise too.

I noticed water bill being somewhat higher in December, even though I didn't use more water.

Old 02-01-2010, 03:52 PM

1 posts, read 7,830 times
I also have double usage of water consumption for Jan. I called and wanted a reread since the glass on the meter is scratched and you can not see the numbers.
Iwas told they would call back in 2-3 days with results.... still waiting.
Very bad customer support at the offfice!

Old 02-01-2010, 03:59 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,373,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heydade View Post
I am in west Davie but am serviced by Sunrise for water and waste. My bill for January is double what it was for December. Does anyone know why ? My usage has not increased at all. I am going to call them and inquire about this, but figured I post first to see if someone else has noticed and already made an inquiry.

Thanks
I was living in sunrise for part of last year. That water bill was going up since the summer of 2009. Our water bill DOUBLED between the summer and winter months. Lady told us we must be using more water which was non sense.

Old 02-18-2011, 07:22 PM

1 posts, read 7,098 times
yeah no **** Sunrise sucks!!!! I think we should get a class action suite going, my bill reads as if I'm using 5546 but the meter says 3456, wow REALLY!!!!!! If anyone has this problem give me a shout, [mod]please dm poster[/mod]

Old 06-23-2011, 12:35 PM

2 posts, read 46,707 times
OMG! I moved out of my Sunrise home almost a year ago (Oct 2010) because of foreclosure and had all utilities SHUT OFF. I kept getting a water/gas bill every month showing "current usage" and monthly charges even though the home is vacant and NO UTILITIES are on there. I called the City of Sunrise and a terribly RUDE lady told me WE WILL CONTINUE TO CHARGE YOU EVERY MONTH until the home changes owners..What!!???? There's no service on!! So I wrote to Joseph Scuotto and the City of Sunrise and asked how they can justify charging me on a monthly basis for SERVICES THAT ARE NOT EVEN THERE???!! They then put a lien on my property and sent me ANOTHER bill for almost $900 AGAIN WITH CURRENT MONTHLY USAGE CHARGES by Certified Mail demanding payment from me within 10 days! As if I havn't sufferred enough already losing my home. I asked the Clerk when I paid my last bill "Why is my bill DOUBLE what it was before when I'm a flight attendant and never home"? She said "OH we doubled our rates..we sent all homeowners a notice to object to the increase but NOBODY DID..Are you kidding me??!! Who wouldn't fight that if they knew about it??!! They are stealing from innocent people already sufferring from a bad economy. What they are doing to me seems "criminal" and "vindictive" and shame on them! I actually voted for Joseph Scuotto, not knowing he was this "unfair"..I am getting some legal advice as I feel "discriminated" against and abused by the City of Sunrise...anybody else had a similar experience???

Old 01-30-2012, 07:22 PM

2 posts, read 12,855 times
Angry Water Bill

My Water Bill has increase dramatically, how is the wastewater measure and why does it cost higher cost than water?

Old 01-30-2012, 07:24 PM

2 posts, read 12,855 times
Same problem, also Im paying a higher wastewater charge than water, how does the city track this?

Old 11-18-2012, 01:43 PM

2 posts, read 7,605 times
they are ripping us off charging us for service not provided. We do need to file something against them. 2 yrs ago my water was 26 dollars and now it is 52. That is outrageous. We need to do something. No one is regulating this. They raise it at will and won't talk to you about it. Please lets all get together.

Old 09-21-2013, 08:15 PM

5 posts, read 9,538 times
Sunrise jacked up our bills by 90% in just 5 years for the same amount of water. 4,000 gallons used to be $42 and now it's $79. Thieves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area