Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2021, 08:13 PM

3,233 posts, read 3,186,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlobue91 View Post
I need help on something. On 4/29/21 I was approved by the property management company for a rental property and signed a lease however, they said I could move in once approved by association. Now my question is am I supposed to apply myself to the association? Or does the property management company pass along all my information and details that was provided them? I paid my realtor to run a background check and credit check and with my paystubs, etc all that information was provided to the property management company and they approved me but now I gotta wait for association and it’s been two weeks and no response yet. I’m afraid that I was the one that had to apply to the association but if that was the case they never provided me any information on the association for me to apply anyway. So is this something done by the property management company then? Awaiting someone’s response ASAP please.
Did you ask your realtor? We used a realtor to rent our former house in an HOA. Since the realtor was vetting the tenants, we told her the steps for approval. Once she found us a satisfactory tenant that we approved, she advised the renters to as to the next steps with the HOA (there was a special form, and a fee that the tenants had to pay, and they had to submit the paperwork to the HOA office). Your realtor needs to let you know what the next step will be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2021, 11:58 PM

18 posts, read 19,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StilltheSame View Post
Looking for a home in FLL and this is why I refuse to buy in an HOA community.
Good night,
Had tonrespond to your post. Its been 2 plus months since I applied to rent a condo in Davie. They have asked for everything except my blood. The owners approved once the got my background check back. But the HOA is horrible!!! I asked for my escrow back and now they are coming up with all kinds of bs as to why they are going to keep my money.
Im getting a lawyer on their ass!! STAY AWAY FROM ANYTHING HOA!! Just my opinion.

Old 06-11-2021, 01:13 PM

9,113 posts, read 6,155,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZevWeisenheist View Post
Oh my my....what on earth did residents in a community DO, before all those wonderful HOA's ??

HOA's can't guarantee the CHARACTER of people than happen to afford to live in those HOA communities. Here in FL, I'd rather live next door to a family that leaves his garbage can out an extra day than live next door to white color criminals, cocaine dealers driving Benzes, crooked pain doctors, and shady stock brokers..any day.
Sound like you live in a very interesting community.

Old 06-12-2021, 07:36 PM

141 posts, read 115,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
Sound like you live in a very interesting community.
Sounds like the cast of characters to be found in many a metro area in Florida, sad to say.

Old 06-16-2023, 06:12 PM

1 posts, read 1,006 times
Thumbs up Hollywood experience

Just went through this process with a condo association in Hollywood. The interview was rather informal and pleasant. For that reason, it's likely a wild card on whether you'll get friendly board members or not. Their main concern was whether I'd be a good fit for the community. Really, it was just a vibe check.

Old 06-17-2023, 12:45 AM

213 posts, read 259,117 times
Well, now I feel better after reading some (not all) of your stories:
We travelled to FLL before/during the Memorial Day Weekend, (May 24-28) we saw a few apts and chose this lovely split level condo in Wilton Manors. We applied for the property right before the Holiday Weekend on Fri, May 26. We got approved by landlord by following mid week. (may 31) after submitting application along with financial and legal back up. Submitted by thur, Jun 1st another separate set of paperwork, paid same plus additional background check fees....Long story short, management companies just started Thu, Jun 15 to check personal and work references after we insisted with our realtor tht we needed a status update as our lease starts Sat Jul 1st. She explained that this is normal in FL and tenants sometimes get approved the week before they move. HOA's approval processes are totally different than those here in the northeast. She further clarified that the board interview is not such as we know it in NYC and it is rather an "informal conversation" between HOA members and tenant (s) to go over HOA rules. I think their sense of urgency is just different. Mgmt company never returned my calls but started responding emails when I asked if I should reach out to Landlord directly. Landlord even scheduled the walk through and asked if we wanted to move earlier (without official board approval yet!) which could never take place in my state legally.
On the bright side and despite the hassle and waiting time, I figured that is also a sign that teh board cares of who gets to live there. I actually like the idea of living with neighbors that just like me submitted to criminal background, proved work and housing history, financial stability, etc.
I also like the idea of going back home to fresh cut grass, no trash on site (less palmetto bugs and vermin), cars parked on the loan, stereos laying in sidewalks, etc. The idea of neighbors that love and take care of their homes and neighborhoods is priceless for me and I'm willing the background and credit score checks fees and wait the 3/4 weeks to get clearance to move

Old 06-17-2023, 06:00 AM

3,233 posts, read 3,186,050 times
Welcome to Florida Alfie! I think you’ve been planning this move for awhile and it’s nice to see your research has paid off.

Old 06-17-2023, 11:33 AM

Thank you, Wizrap,
I’m looking forward to it!
:-)
Alfie

Old 07-22-2023, 12:42 PM

Hubby and I plus two adopted morkies ended up getting approved eventually by condo HOA in Wilton Manors 3 days before moving! :-)where we will rent for a year, hoping that buying real estate market will further stabilize by then

Old 09-15-2023, 08:37 AM

180 posts, read 131,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by independent man View Post
Yep. All it takes is one trashy or crazy neighbor and the whole street will be begging for an HOA.
For me, personally, can you guess which house I would rather have as a neighbor?

I'll take the HOA, any day!

Waiting for approval from HOA to rent (What exactly do they care about?)-i-78zhpbz.jpg

Waiting for approval from HOA to rent (What exactly do they care about?)-i-jj5qdqg.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area