Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2009, 02:50 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,190,905 times

Advertisements

We have a condo commando who keeps tabs on everything and everybody. The funny thing is that he does not even live in our development.

Before our homes were built, our developer made a deal with the condo association next door to us. Our developer would create and entrance/exit way to the main street for both developments to use. In exchange, they would allow us to use 5 of their parking spots. The president and two other people from the condo association signed the documents with a lawyer present.

A new president is elected and he decides not to honor the deal. In fact, he wants us to rent the spots for tens of thousands of dollars. We decline, of course, because that was not the agreement. He begins towing our cars because they are on private property. The city does nothing about this and says we need to fight it in court. We cannot since we are only 20 units and cannot afford to.

Our president gets creative and paints lines on the street for parallel parking. I know that he was wrong for doing this but we needed extra parking spots. Condo commando calls the city on us and now the city has demanded that we remove the stripes.

My question is this: Why did the developer feel the need to make a deal regarding extra parking spots? Did the city require that he have enough for all units? If so, they need to enforce this agreement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2009, 04:28 PM

44 posts, read 156,029 times
If there is an agreement in force, it needs to be followed as long as it has not expired. Where is this?

Old 08-06-2009, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikez300 View Post
If there is an agreement in force, it needs to be followed as long as it has not expired. Where is this?
We are in Tamarac. There is an agreement but it is not being enforced and I am pretty sure it has no expiration date. This agreement took place before our homes were built and from what I remember, our developer could not begin building until enough parking spots were ensured. This was the city's requirement I am sure. I remember the city giving this builder tons of trouble in order to get permits.

The only thing being enforced is the towing by condo commando and the city says that this is a court matter.

I seriously think this guy has connections to city officials. When we complain about the hazardous swells, nobody responds. But this guy has all sorts of people come by to look after his complaints.

For example, he put a chain to block cars from passing through their parking lot. He was allowed to do this because the chain is made of plastic. However, one day, there was a domestic dispute at his building and a police officer had to back out and go around because of the chain. He didn't realize he could break right through it.

Old 08-06-2009, 05:50 PM

I am quickly skimming over city ordinances and, yes, from what I can tell the developer had to ensure a certain amount of parking spots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area