Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 05:51 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,909,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolefan34 View Post
A bunch of poor, old people who live in trailers
I can't think of any trailer parks in Tamarac...

P.S- All of South Florida has crappy drivers, every single corner of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2009, 04:41 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,190,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiew77 View Post
hi we are thinking of moving down to ft lauderdale from oregon. we have a family of three small children, myself and my husband. Is this a bad idea?? It seems all i have read on here is negative about south flordiaim also retarded i guess and can't figure out how to postany help would be appreciated
No, not all of south florida is bad. There are plenty of drivers who drive well and others who really don't realize how bad their driving is. When we go to Sweden I notice that my husband as to adjust to the different pace and stop driving so aggressively like he does here.

Although we are considering moving out to be closer to family, I am dreading the weather changes. If we stay here, I will make sure we move to another neighborhood. I would love to raise my daughter here because overall I think Florida is a beautiful state. We just came back from Sweden and I really don't want to live there and I am sure many people would think I am crazy for this.

My advice, ask here in C-D but from what I have read Cooper City, Weston, and Parkland are some great areas. A couple of more things, make sure a park is within walking distance and make sure your neighborhood has sidewalks. Other pluses, speed bumps on the road, have a house away from a major road (loud mufflers), buy a house with very good insulated windows (impact).

Another thing, I kind of regret posting this thread because one bad thread overshadows many good things about South Florida. I also wrote it with a bit of sensationalism which always gets attention on forums. I really dislike the street I live on and I am calling City of Tamarac TODAY to complain about this intersection. Any chance they will place speed bumps?

Last edited by crisan; 12-28-2009 at 04:59 AM..

Old 12-28-2009, 07:52 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,190,905 times
Basically, the things you look for in a neighborhood goes for Any Town, USA. My hometown only has 2000 residents and we have speeders there, too. The only difference is that you can tell them off because everybody knows each other.

Old 12-29-2009, 07:02 AM

154 posts, read 552,770 times
In my old neighborhood in Davie luckily we had sidewalks so I didn't feel like I was going to be run over. I think the poster of this thread doesn't have sidewalks so they don't feel safe.

Thank goodness we had sidewalks because the drivers we had were really fast. Mom's on cellphones, workers, teenagers. It was very dangerous the way people sped in our community.

I have had no problems in my new Tamarac neighborhood. I walk facing the cars so I move to the side when a car comes in the neighborhood. I think it also has to do with the kind of neighborhood you live in. Ours is very nice and upscale and all the neighbors do wave and slow down. So Tamarac isn't the problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area