Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2022, 06:01 PM

5 posts, read 5,683 times

Advertisements

Don’t get me wrong I love Weston just as much as the next person, but cmon the construction of Arvida (the ones who developed Weston) is really shoddy and cookie cutter, the construction is poor and they cut corners to save money and maximize profits. A good example is the townhouses, they all are made the same in every neighborhood and they are no where near the best in broward for what they’re asking, if you look at Pembroke Pines you can find wayyyy nicer tomehomes and construction quality and more spacious for less money. Weston is pretty vanilla and the construction models can be way better. Anybody else feel the same?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2022, 06:28 PM

3,241 posts, read 3,200,315 times
We used to own a home in Weston and didn’t realize the difference in construction until we moved up to Gainesville. Several great builders up here, especially the older homes.

Arvida didn’t seem to hire top flight subs.

Old 04-25-2022, 07:19 PM

835 posts, read 477,892 times
Nothing ever goes wrong in Weston. Weston is best city in South Florida, the streets are paved with 24-karat gold and the street lamp light bulbs are made of diamonds. There are no downsides to living in Weston and anyone who tells you otherwise is delusional. At least that’s what this forum constantly drills into your head.

It’s just another suburb, nothing to write home about. And yeah there are PLENTY of cons to living there. I’m sure some argumentative poster will come and bash me over the head for saying that but I just thought that it was common sense to know that there are cons to living anywhere on earth. But as I said, Weston is an utopian paradise exempt from any and all common sense.

Old 04-25-2022, 07:53 PM

278 posts, read 317,237 times
Honestly don't concur. Our home is great. If it was as bad as you say, I'm sure the property values, outside interest and general opinion on Weston would reflect that.

Also, I remember you writing a post about trying to buy a home in Weston before, but your price range put you in the lower end town homes/ homes either near country isles, in front of cypress bay or up close to Bonaventure ( I think you were in the low 400k ranges). If you look at the townhomes in Weston hills and mariposa, that is a stark difference in quality ( starting in the 550k range up to 800k)

Old 04-25-2022, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterRice View Post
Nothing ever goes wrong in Weston. Weston is best city in South Florida, the streets are paved with 24-karat gold and the street lamp light bulbs are made of diamonds. There are no downsides to living in Weston and anyone who tells you otherwise is delusional. At least that’s what this forum constantly drills into your head.

It’s just another suburb, nothing to write home about. And yeah there are PLENTY of cons to living there. I’m sure some argumentative poster will come and bash me over the head for saying that but I just thought that it was common sense to know that there are cons to living anywhere on earth. But as I said, Weston is an utopian paradise exempt from any and all common sense.
Well you aren't wrong about Weston being pretty great . Some of the best schools in the state, great parks and proximity to great shopping. For families, yea it's pretty amazing.

Old 04-25-2022, 08:21 PM

5 posts, read 5,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrekid View Post
Honestly don't concur. Our home is great. If it was as bad as you say, I'm sure the property values, outside interest and general opinion on Weston would reflect that.

Also, I remember you writing a post about trying to buy a home in Weston before, but your price range put you in the lower end town homes/ homes either near country isles, in front of cypress bay or up close to Bonaventure ( I think you were in the low 400k ranges). If you look at the townhomes in Weston hills and mariposa, that is a stark difference in quality ( starting in the 550k range up to 800k)
Yeah I was looking A house I could live in for a little bit and then use as a rental property but hey that’s cool that you remember

Old 04-29-2022, 01:56 AM

835 posts, read 477,892 times
Quote:
Well you aren't wrong about Weston being pretty great . Some of the best schools in the state, great parks and proximity to great shopping. For families, yea it's pretty amazing.
Well I actually am because that entire post was sarcasm, which clearly flew right over your head. And someone boasting about where THEY live being the best place ever, color me shocked.

Old 05-09-2022, 10:05 AM

17,318 posts, read 22,065,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballsofsteel View Post
Don’t get me wrong I love Weston just as much as the next person, but cmon the construction of Arvida (the ones who developed Weston) is really shoddy and cookie cutter, the construction is poor and they cut corners to save money and maximize profits. A good example is the townhouses, they all are made the same in every neighborhood and they are no where near the best in broward for what they’re asking, if you look at Pembroke Pines you can find wayyyy nicer tomehomes and construction quality and more spacious for less money. Weston is pretty vanilla and the construction models can be way better. Anybody else feel the same?
location location location...........

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/8...46846715_zpid/
10K sq ft, built in 1936. 79mm, $7967 a square foot

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3...02984486_zpid/
4700 sq ft, built in 2008......8.5mm/$1797 a square foot

Both have identical views.........houses are across the water from each other!

Old 05-09-2022, 10:15 AM

880 posts, read 565,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterRice View Post

Did you ever see this movie?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0242193/

The entire thing was filmed in either Cooper City, Weston, and a few scenes in Davie and Fort Lauderdale Beach.

Weston was mostly open land at the time, so it's pretty funny.

Quote:

I like Weston, but don't get too carried away. There's a lot of really nice areas in South Florida, and Weston is just one of them. Weston, Cooper City, Plantation, and a few others all have really nice schools. One of the problems with Weston is that it was intentionally built to be a bedroom community, and as such, traffic is bad, you have to drive a ways to get to things you want (other than what was intentionally built there to service the community). I personally prefer Cooper City. The schools are just as good, if not better, and it's right off 5-95 and in the middle of everything.

Old 05-09-2022, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atari2600 View Post
Did you ever see this movie?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0242193/

The entire thing was filmed in either Cooper City, Weston, and a few scenes in Davie and Fort Lauderdale Beach.

Weston was mostly open land at the time, so it's pretty funny.

I like Weston, but don't get too carried away. There's a lot of really nice areas in South Florida, and Weston is just one of them. Weston, Cooper City, Plantation, and a few others all have really nice schools. One of the problems with Weston is that it was intentionally built to be a bedroom community, and as such, traffic is bad, you have to drive a ways to get to things you want (other than what was intentionally built there to service the community). I personally prefer Cooper City. The schools are just as good, if not better, and it's right off 5-95 and in the middle of everything.
What school in cooper city is objectively better if I may ask?

Also what traffic are speaking of? Going south? East? West along alligator alley? 2 of those directions have dedicated express lanes, and the other ....is well alligator alley. So I'm curious which traffic you are referring too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area