Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2010, 12:14 PM

4 posts, read 9,218 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have anything to say about The Exchange Lofts in downtown Fort Lauderdale?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2010, 04:11 PM

1,468 posts, read 4,752,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WriterbyTrade View Post
Does anyone have anything to say about The Exchange Lofts in downtown Fort Lauderdale?
If it is the place I am thinking about I think it is somewhat defunct. They so badly over built that area of Fort Lauderdale you can't give them away. Many people who bought in places like that find there are so few owners, like 10% occupancy, there is no money for the upkeep and they are a mess inside. Take a close personal look and don't go by some selling video on the net.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/201...housing-market

This is right near you are asking about.

BEFORE

http://www.riverfrontfl.com/

AFTER

http://fittoblog.blogspot.com/2010/0...now-ghost.html

Last edited by mango23; 07-27-2010 at 04:52 PM..

Old 09-01-2010, 09:29 PM

1 posts, read 2,775 times
Default We love the Lofts here Ft.Lauderdale, FL

The Exchange Lofts in downtown Fort Lauderdale

We just moved into the Lofts in Aug, 2010 and are very please with the place and the staff. Everything I saw at the website is right on! This place is for the upscale and professionals who love driving home and have your car valet parked and be greeted with a smile! Only thing it don't have is a doorman. I can send you photos of my place if you like. Its like living in an upscale hotel. John & Marva

Old 09-08-2010, 10:51 AM

3,910 posts, read 9,476,911 times
Mango>

I somewhat disagree with you. Buying and renting are two different animals. They did overbuild housing here in general, but there is a shortage of luxury condo buildings for renters in downtown Fort Lauderdale. The luxury condo buildings are near 100% occupied and the prices are very very high. I know many people, including myself, who would love to rent downtown but just simply cannot afford the high prices. Then just outside of downtown, there are a bunch of crappy run-down neighborhoods where living is not an option. So its either live right in the heart of downtown and pay ultra-high prices, or live 10 miles away and commute. No happy medium. They really need to build some newer stuff around the downtown area that is more reasonably priced than the Las Olas section. There is a strong demand for renters there and a shortage of supply. The problem is no builders are willing to build right now or make the investment.

Old 09-08-2010, 01:27 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,373,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango23 View Post
If it is the place I am thinking about I think it is somewhat defunct. They so badly over built that area of Fort Lauderdale you can't give them away. Many people who bought in places like that find there are so few owners, like 10% occupancy, there is no money for the upkeep and they are a mess inside. Take a close personal look and don't go by some selling video on the net.

South Florida's condo crisis: How the market went from boom to bust -- and what's ahead - Sun Sentinel

This is right near you are asking about.

BEFORE

Las Olas Riverfront - The Place To Be

AFTER

All The News Thats Fit to Blog: Fort Lauderdale's Riverfront now a ghost town

someone tried to argue with me a few months back concerning the river front and its being a ghost town. That place is in pretty bad shape. At night though around like 3 in the morning people do come out to the club that is there but during the day and evening its pretty dead/empty. I would say its about 50% or more vacant. Pretty sad to say the least.

Old 09-08-2010, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolefan34 View Post
Mango>

I somewhat disagree with you. Buying and renting are two different animals. They did overbuild housing here in general, but there is a shortage of luxury condo buildings for renters in downtown Fort Lauderdale. The luxury condo buildings are near 100% occupied and the prices are very very high. I know many people, including myself, who would love to rent downtown but just simply cannot afford the high prices. Then just outside of downtown, there are a bunch of crappy run-down neighborhoods where living is not an option. So its either live right in the heart of downtown and pay ultra-high prices, or live 10 miles away and commute. No happy medium. They really need to build some newer stuff around the downtown area that is more reasonably priced than the Las Olas section. There is a strong demand for renters there and a shortage of supply. The problem is no builders are willing to build right now or make the investment.
not sure where you have been loking but many of those buildings are MAYBE 60% occupied at best. Prices are falling and many of the places have sat on the market for a LONG time with no bids. I have one friend who lives in one of the "luxury" high rises in downtown fort lauderdale and they were planning to sell at a profit but got out to late. Now they are stuck with it. Believe me, downtown fort lauderdale was stuck with the same real estate down fall the rest of the country was hit with.

Old 09-08-2010, 04:04 PM

245 posts, read 662,993 times
I was looking to move to downtown Las Olas but also found a shortage of new condos to choose from. I was also looking for one that was pet friendly and that was virtually impossible....I ended up moving to Brickell in downtown Miami......couldn't be happier....sorry Lauderdale....

Old 09-08-2010, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFLrunner View Post
I was looking to move to downtown Las Olas but also found a shortage of new condos to choose from. I was also looking for one that was pet friendly and that was virtually impossible....I ended up moving to Brickell in downtown Miami......couldn't be happier....sorry Lauderdale....
Better choice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area