Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2011, 08:07 AM

60 posts, read 138,929 times

Advertisements

Hello All,
]I just stumbled onto this GREAT site and am eager to gain your insight! I was in Cape Coral last year for a few weeks and put a few offers in on homes I was unsuccessful in purchasing. (everything happens for a reason) I am on my way back to SW FL hopefully next week. I have tentatively found a place in North Port to rent for a few weeks. I was having a problem finding a place for reasonable rent that would allow my mother to take her 6lb. 4 legged child. Anyway North Port seems to have some great prices and location so I have extended my search there. Let me tell you what I want and perhaps you can help guide me 8-). I would like to be no more than 15 min. from a beach (preferable one that will allow 6lb. Dogs) I want a safe community- I say this because I keep reading about high crime rates due to transients & empty homes. I presently live in MA but love my trips to FL and want to spend more time there. Originally I was looking on the East coast but found it to hectic. SW seems to be more relaxed yet cultural. I have read many posts and will continue to read more of them but I thought I would introduce myself say HI - and see what information you would like to share with me. Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2011, 09:04 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,875,268 times
Just to comment on safety......don't worry at all.Most crimes are just breaking into vacant homes to steal appliances and copper.....many people out of work and some turn to a little thievery which is unfortunate but no cause for worry.The home invasions that you read about are almost always people who are involved in drug deals......almost unheard of to involve innocent people.
We don't even lock our door in SE Cape Coral unless we're away for a few days.

Old 02-11-2011, 08:05 AM

225 posts, read 494,177 times
I didn't care much for North Port when I was searching for a home. Some good prices, yes but it seemed too desolate for me. Have you searched Bonita Springs and Estero?

Old 02-11-2011, 08:19 AM

60 posts, read 138,929 times
No I did not I will check them when I get there - Thanks. I don't like desolate or hussle bussle of Tampa. I found Cape Coral to be relaxed yet had things. Every time I go to FL i am amazed at the prices so I keep telling myself there is no time like now - looking for a lower end price point and can do some work.

Regards, Jo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area