Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2013, 05:57 PM

1 posts, read 1,200 times

Advertisements

My job will be relocating me to the Fort Myers area at the end of March or early April. I've heard that living downtown is probably the best place for young single professionals. Although I'm having a hard time locating any affordable rental properties downtown. The things I've found are well over a thousand dollars a month and I would like to stay around 800. My job will be in estero but I'm not against a commute. Does anyone have any suggestions on places to rent downtown?

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2013, 07:32 PM

152 posts, read 357,716 times
Just live in estero, it a nice area. Downtown fm can be a rough area.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:57 AM

693 posts, read 2,015,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryt2002 View Post
My job will be relocating me to the Fort Myers area at the end of March or early April. I've heard that living downtown is probably the best place for young single professionals. Although I'm having a hard time locating any affordable rental properties downtown. The things I've found are well over a thousand dollars a month and I would like to stay around 800. My job will be in estero but I'm not against a commute. Does anyone have any suggestions on places to rent downtown?

Thanks in advance!
You will be hard pressed to find anything decent downtown for less than a grand. The downtown area is not rough as long as you do not start venturing down streets away from the downtown area, the neighborhoods surrounding it are more than rough, they are some of the worst in the country. Depending on what part of Estero you will be working in, you can look at possibly renting on the beach. Much younger crowd, decent bars and eats and you will be right on the beach. Work hours might define if that really is an option. Estero is very nice, but again $1000 isn't going to take you very far down there. Give us a little more info on what you like to do, what kind of hours you work and where in Estero you will be working and I can give you more defined advice.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:22 AM

4 posts, read 7,837 times
Dean and Bradford Apt on First street is under 800.00. Very nice apt. Downtown is very safe. I never had any problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area