Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2016, 08:47 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,312,234 times

Advertisements

I'm not sure if this should go here or in Fitness but the Fitness threads aren't just for my area so I thought I would put this here.

I'm looking for a good gym with some knowledgeable trainers in the SE part of Fort Myers. I live in Gateway. I would rather it be fairly close as I know if I have to drive 30 minutes or more I will probably never go. I hate dealing with traffic during season. I went on Yelp and so many of the reviews were bad and I don't want to get stuck signing up for a gym only to find out it is not as good as it appears when you tour it. Also, I am 61 and have gone to gyms on an off most of my life so I'm not a newbie. However I hate gyms where I will be the only woman over 30.

I have heard complaints about the 3rd part billing, overcharging, dirty equipment, no towel service, etc.

Please share your thoughts and recommendations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2016, 11:19 PM

24 posts, read 32,855 times
Yes, I have friends that like Anytime Fitness, but not sure if that is near you. I was at Around the Clock Fitness (boyscott/six mile cypress/alico are all with the same owner) for a year and then because of my schedule and working out from home I canceled. Following all instructions per our agreement, even going so far to get a confirmation showing that they received my cancellation and that no money was due. I still 6 months later get emails and phone calls from ABC and ATC saying that I owe them money. When I call - they say oh, I am sorry not sure why you are getting these calls. I pay my bills - ALWAYS. I don't like getting *phishing* type calls and emails trying to trick me into paying for something i don't owe. The most recent email I got I threatened to contact my attorney and sue - we'll see if that makes them stop.

I hope you have more luck then me. I know a lot of friend go and like it, however they will likely always be paying to go because that is what they like to do. I guess I would go in and find out about who they use for billing and if it is ABC - stay away... or find out who the owner is and make sure that canceling will not be a pain

Last edited by Sunscape; 05-02-2016 at 03:26 PM..

Old 05-02-2016, 09:18 AM

Thanks - the closest gym to me would be Anytime Fitness at Six Mile and Colonial. However in reading their Yelp reviews I had concerns especially with the whole third party billing. We have a pathetic excuse for a gym where I live but they have been making a lot of improvements so maybe I'll just continue to go there for a little while longer.

Old 05-07-2016, 06:18 AM

Just found Anytime Fitness off Six Mile and Bernwood near Colonial. Only been opened since December so everything is brand new and state of the art. I got a 7 day free membership and will probably sign up after that. My favorite thing is the hydro massager which is an extra $10 a month but so worth it. I like their personal trainer a lot also.

Old 05-25-2016, 06:37 AM

To make a correction the complaints I saw on Yelp were not about Anytime Fitness, they were about Around the Clock Fitness.

I joined Anytime Fitness two weeks ago and like it a lot. When you join you get one session with the trainer who will show you what machines to use to meet your goals while a lot of other places expect you to pay to learn how to use the machines. The only thing that, in my opinion, that might be a drawback is there is only one shower room for men and one for women. It holds the commode, the sink and the shower. Then there is one unisex bathroom.

If I had to go from the gym to work in the morning I would be concerned about having to wait my turn to use the one shower. And there is no towel service which I don't care about since I shower when I get home. Other than that I like it a lot.

They have a room that can be used for a lot of different things because it has a large screen that comes down and you can do zumba, stretching, yoga, etc. all by yourself. It's not the cheapest in the area but it is kept very clean which is important to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
View detailed profiles of: