Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 05:43 PM

1,777 posts, read 4,862,314 times

Advertisements

So we got new neighbors, they replaced the ones with the loose pitbull. Well not replaced, since they are related, and the guy that lived there probably got a restraining order after he threatened the guy two houses down when approached about he bike he stole from the guys daughter. So anyways, they backed over my mailbox, and have been elusive ever since. I left them a little note saying I expected my mailbox to be replaced or for them to give me $60.00 to do it myself. I watched her take the note from the mailbox today, go in her house, close the garage door and never come out. As I was cooking on the grille, I saw their car leave. I am very peeved at this point, more at the fact they don't seem to be responsible or reasonable people and am considering getting the sheriff involved. However I may build a brick and concrete mailbox and paint it safety orange.

on a side note, the renters a year ago backed over my mailbox, and when I brought it to the mans attention and he asked his wife, he replaced it that day...

what is with people?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2010, 07:15 PM

206 posts, read 450,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBMallory View Post
So we got new neighbors, they replaced the ones with the loose pitbull. Well not replaced, since they are related, and the guy that lived there probably got a restraining order after he threatened the guy two houses down when approached about he bike he stole from the guys daughter. So anyways, they backed over my mailbox, and have been elusive ever since. I left them a little note saying I expected my mailbox to be replaced or for them to give me $60.00 to do it myself. I watched her take the note from the mailbox today, go in her house, close the garage door and never come out. As I was cooking on the grille, I saw their car leave. I am very peeved at this point, more at the fact they don't seem to be responsible or reasonable people and am considering getting the sheriff involved. However I may build a brick and concrete mailbox and paint it safety orange.

on a side note, the renters a year ago backed over my mailbox, and when I brought it to the mans attention and he asked his wife, he replaced it that day...

what is with people?
So sorry about your neighbor problems. We bought in a gated community with an HOA so there would be some recourse when neighbors arent well behaved.

Old 01-28-2010, 11:28 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,946,388 times
I totally understand your problem. Back in early 2009 I posted that I was losing my mind because my neighbors had their 3 dogs tied up in the yard 24/7. They never stopped barking. They also partied late at night and would build a bonfire in the backyard and get drunk. There's nothing quite like waking up to "Ya-hee" at 2 in the morning. I finally moved after living there for 13 years.

When I lived in NH, one day it was snowing heavily and my neighbor across the street had visitors who, when they backed out of her driveway, hit my mailbox and kept backing up as I was pounding on my window. By the time I put on my coat & boots to run outside, they were gone and my mailbox was badly damaged. I don't know why this is happening in Florida, however. They're not driving in a snowstorm!

Old 01-29-2010, 08:08 AM

206 posts, read 450,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I totally understand your problem. Back in early 2009 I posted that I was losing my mind because my neighbors had their 3 dogs tied up in the yard 24/7. They never stopped barking. They also partied late at night and would build a bonfire in the backyard and get drunk. There's nothing quite like waking up to "Ya-hee" at 2 in the morning. I finally moved after living there for 13 years.

When I lived in NH, one day it was snowing heavily and my neighbor across the street had visitors who, when they backed out of her driveway, hit my mailbox and kept backing up as I was pounding on my window. By the time I put on my coat & boots to run outside, they were gone and my mailbox was badly damaged. I don't know why this is happening in Florida, however. They're not driving in a snowstorm!
Again, all things we wanted to avoid.

We gave up the size of the property to avoid stuff like this. Believe me, I've had my share of it in NY.

Old 01-29-2010, 10:17 AM

Well, she got my note, then put a sign up in her yard that said "please do not put anymore notes in my mailbox, if you wish to speak to me, come to my door at ANY time." i did knock about 5 different occasions and KNOW someone was home the first time, but no answers. I also am 99% sure it wasn't her, but rather her scumbag daughter that lived there before her, as her blue stratus has a black mark on the bumper... she ordered me a new mailbox after i went over at 9:30, half lit and in work pants and a wife beater.. finally got it worked out, i was worried i was going to have to throw it in their driveway and hope they got the idea that way....

Old 01-29-2010, 10:26 AM

2,903 posts, read 12,539,619 times
Sorry to hear about your neighbors. Hopefully they won't stay long.....

You always read about how bad HOA's are, but here is a case where they might have helped.

I kept having my mailboz clipped by the snowplow here in NY. I fixed it by filling it up with a few hundred pounds of concrete, then putting a Highway marker next to it just a tad in front of it......they hate hitting those. No mailbox problems now!!

Frank

Old 01-29-2010, 12:13 PM

frank, if it came down to me replacing it, it would have been built of block and filled with concrete, then painted safety orange

Old 01-30-2010, 01:43 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,779,238 times
People just don't care anymore, and have no courtesy. Sounds like losers next door to you....

Old 01-31-2010, 01:56 PM

they're real morons, most people are anymore, inconsiderate bastards at that

Old 01-31-2010, 06:23 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,779,238 times
Kinda like sitting in a parking lot at Target in the Coconut Pointe Mall, some kid comes out, smacks my car with the door of thier ginormous SUV. I look at him he looks and shrugs his shoulder. I sat calmly wanting to say something, yet didn't. Not but 5 minutes later... The mother comes out, opens her door, SAME THING!!! I looked at her and said "Are you kidding me, your son just hit my truck a few minutes ago". She then said "Oh it's just a car, it will be ok". That is the mentality of idiots today. Not that it is MY property and to me it matters, they had no courtesy or even cared. I wanted so bad to whip my door open and dent the crap out of thier car, then say "well it's just a car" but that would pull me to thier low level. People are just rediculous these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area