Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2018, 09:47 PM

1 posts, read 2,192 times

Advertisements

Do snakes come into a tub thru a drain pipe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2018, 10:55 AM

6 posts, read 9,810 times
I don't think that it is possible! But it's a good time to inspect your pipes and drains for some problems. Do you know something about drain inspections with camera? I read here https://ottawaplumbernow.com/camera-inspection/ - good information about it! If you worry about snakes in drains you need to check the pipes well, cause I can't imagine how they can get there, only if some leaks or something else.

Old 07-19-2018, 06:51 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,369,016 times
im sure snakes go into bathrooms from sewers..it happened in Abilene a while back......

Old 07-22-2018, 06:22 PM

1 posts, read 2,037 times
Well we had two of those little snakes you described show up at our house. One yesterday on kitchen floor and one 3 days ago on bathroom floor in master suite. My wife is freaked and i'm far less than pleased. Started using drain cleaner today on two shower drains. The Arizona Desert has a lot of undesirable creatures but up until now we have kept them out of our house. HELP anybody!

Old 08-02-2018, 03:38 AM

6 posts, read 9,810 times
You need to check is your sewer is ok - it's evident that they come through some holes in it

Old 08-08-2018, 12:59 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
Can't believe this thread is still getting hits

And the possibility still grosses me out...

Old 08-08-2018, 01:05 PM

234 posts, read 288,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerecdoc View Post
Well we had two of those little snakes you described show up at our house. One yesterday on kitchen floor and one 3 days ago on bathroom floor in master suite. My wife is freaked and i'm far less than pleased. Started using drain cleaner today on two shower drains. The Arizona Desert has a lot of undesirable creatures but up until now we have kept them out of our house. HELP anybody!
These are non-poisonous snakes you are harming! They are vital to the well-being of the ecosystem. They eat rodents, for example. Killing them makes about as much sense as killing the little pink salamanders that eat the mosquitoes. You are only hurting yourself by harming them. Just capture them and set them free outside near a tree or some shrubbery. They are not evil demons for heaven's sake! These animals have just as much right to life as you do. If reincarnation is true, maybe one day you will come back as a harmless snake and someone will try to cruelly kill you with drain cleaner.

Old 04-09-2019, 06:26 PM

1 posts, read 1,703 times
I found a little gutter snake in my kitchen sink, freaked me out. It might have come up the drain. I also had a stack of boxes piled up in the dining room next to the wall shared with kitchen (the sink is on other side of this wall). The boxes are delivery packages ( mostly Amazon) that sit on my front porch all day after being dropped off until I come home. I think the little snake crawled into one and that’s how it got in the house, then found it’s way into the sink. Will probably have nightmares tonite.

Old 04-23-2019, 09:56 PM

1 posts, read 1,670 times
My daughter who is a senior in high school was showering just now and one stuck it’s head up through the drain... not sleeping tonight and if I don’t change my mind I may burn down the house.... this thing was huge too... 4 feet long! I should mention that I live in a very populated subdivision and in a newer house... not 10 years old yet.

I am trying to figure out how I can pair the pictures...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth