Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-29-2012, 12:51 PM

3 posts, read 5,940 times

Advertisements

Hi I'm needing information on nice affordable areas in the Fort Worth/Dallas and Killeen area to buy a house and college for my teenager. Also a good reliable realtor in Texas!!!

I look forward to all your replies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2012, 02:26 PM

690 posts, read 1,729,309 times
Hello;

Unfortunately, due to terms of service we are not able to write down
anyone other than realtor.com.
Someone will have to direct message you on a good realtor.

These are questions that your realtor will be needing to know.
In order to focus in on a neighborhood or community that would fit your needs and budget; the usual questions apply: *Would be helpful.

Budget
Possible size of Home
What kind of home (1 story/2 story) obviously in a safe, quiet neighborhood.
Amenities
# bedrooms you want
What type of community or neighborhood are you looking for.
Schools ?
Church ?
Recreation?
Any special needs/ wants/desires/shopping etc.

Any good realtor can recommend an additional realtor for you teenager in finding a location
down in killeen.
Killeen is approx. four to five hour drive south of the metro. It is closer to Austin, TX than it is to the
DFW metro.

Old 02-29-2012, 03:29 PM

11,856 posts, read 26,881,949 times
Killeen is not 4-5 hours from DFW. (San Antonio is 5 hours, and Austin is 4 hours!) Killeen is about 2 hours. It's too far to commute on a daily basis.

Texas has many colleges ranging from community colleges to tier 1 universities. Which one your teen will attend is a huge decision!

Old 03-01-2012, 08:56 AM

Thank you both for your replies.

Old 03-07-2012, 08:11 PM

177 posts, read 266,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartCookie43 View Post
Hi I'm needing information on nice affordable areas in the Fort Worth/Dallas and Killeen area to buy a house and college for my teenager. Also a good reliable realtor in Texas!!!

I look forward to all your replies.
killeen is a baby houston in the way inner city is ran

Old 03-23-2012, 01:57 PM

Is this a good thing or bad?

Old 03-23-2012, 05:35 PM

177 posts, read 266,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartCookie43 View Post
Is this a good thing or bad?
Killeen is a decent town that thriving lots of restaurants and billboards everywhere like houston. Killeen is also very spaced out like houston, killeen also is 105 square miles with recent upgrades to city limits making it actualy a small major city land wise

Old 04-08-2012, 07:03 PM

345 posts, read 994,537 times
Isn't Killeen near Fort Hood? I haven't been there, but a few people from FW led me to believe that it's a small city and not really near anything, so there's not much to do there. Perhaps someone knows more.

Old 04-09-2012, 04:15 AM

11,856 posts, read 26,881,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FW transplant View Post
Isn't Killeen near Fort Hood? I haven't been there, but a few people from FW led me to believe that it's a small city and not really near anything, so there's not much to do there. Perhaps someone knows more.
Yes, Killeen is home to Fort Hood. It is fairly small, but there is aloof the shopping you would need as long as you can use the base facilities in additional to the ones off post. there isn't a lot to do there, but Austin is only an hour away.

Old 08-28-2012, 09:01 AM

97 posts, read 183,072 times
Anyone know what the job market is like in Killeen.....epecially the construction sector?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth