Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2017, 10:01 PM

5,545 posts, read 2,038,407 times

Advertisements

Hello! I was wondering how the safety around West Morningside is by 35-W and E Morningside. I'm considering purchasing a home there, but looked at the crime data map history and it is full of car burglaries and break ins, which is concerning to say the least. Does anyone actually know this area very well and can speak more to its safety? Here is the home for reference: https://www.redfin.com/TX/Fort-Worth.../home/31984135

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2017, 04:35 AM

11,867 posts, read 26,914,768 times
There's a reason such a cute house is only $125k. Yes, that neighborhood has lots of property crime. It's close to good neighborhoods, and it may improve over the next few years, but for now, you'd need to proceed with caution.

Old 08-31-2017, 10:18 PM

197 posts, read 229,854 times
I agree with what ChristieP said. That house might have some potential as an investment property, but not as a place to live. Most importantly, what is your budget for purchasing a home?

If it's within your budget, for now you would be better off looking west of Hemphill, but you will be spending more money (of course) for a similar house in a neighborhood like Fairmount or the portions of Ryan Place closer to the railroad tracks or Berry Street (the portions of Ryan Place closer to Elizabeth Boulevard have large, pricey homes). I've seen a few sub-$200k listings in Fairmount and Ryan Place, although they are very few.

Since you did not mention children, I'm assuming that children (and the public school situation) are not an issue here. But please let me know if I'm wrong.

Old 09-01-2017, 10:57 AM

1,023 posts, read 1,321,232 times
Man, take a look at this house on Google Streetview from last fall. They did a great job restoring it and the low price is definitely a reflection of the location. If you're adventurous, it could be a nice starter home and a really good investment, but the area would give me pause. Some of the new development on the Southside, particularly what's happening on Main north of Magnolia and on Magnolia west of Main, is getting closer to that area. That neighborhood might look a lot different in 5-10 years.

I would be cautious of anything below $200k in Fairmount or Ryan Place. You're probably looking at an extreme fixer upper at that price point.

Old 09-07-2017, 11:44 PM

5,545 posts, read 2,038,407 times
Thank y'all for the replies. The area is close to the Magnolia development with all the restaurants and may improve down the road, but the primary concern in addition to the property crime is the proximity of the train line which is quite loud, even at night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth