Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2010, 11:13 AM

1 posts, read 1,157 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone!

My name is Tea and my husband and I visited the Fort Worth area two years ago because his mom and stepdad live there. We actually got married and ended up staying there for 3 months and I loved it. Better weather and better atmosphere to raise a family in. We are from Michigan where the jobs are non existent and the weather is so cold!! Anyhow, we each have a son and want a diverse, wholesome place for out children to be raised in and grow up. Along with the normal requirements of good schools and job opportunities. I will be done with my Bachelor's of Health Service Administration in 2011 and my husband is in the heating and cooling field. Any suggestions anyone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2010, 09:58 AM

13 posts, read 31,608 times
I have no advise but I am looking at the same thing and would love to hear what anyone has to tell you. We also have friends and family in the DFW area and are hoping to find a great area to raise our child. Good schools and home environment are essential! Hope someone will answer you soon

Old 02-24-2010, 05:58 PM

40,967 posts, read 49,289,310 times
I would encourage you to move down and try to rent someplace for 6 months if possible. Take that time to get to know FW.

West & Southwest FW is very nice. The Keller, North Ft Worth areas are all good. So much of where you will live will depend on where you find jobs. DFW is about 120 miles wide and you don't want to buy a home in FW and find a great job somewhere like Plano.

Even the Mid Cities like Bedford, Euless & Colleyville have great schools and from there you can get all over the metroplex.

There are no easy answers that's why you need to find jobs then decide where you want to live.

Old 02-24-2010, 06:21 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,957,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I would encourage you to move down and try to rent someplace for 6 months if possible. Take that time to get to know FW.

West & Southwest FW is very nice. The Keller, North Ft Worth areas are all good. So much of where you will live will depend on where you find jobs. DFW is about 120 miles wide and you don't want to buy a home in FW and find a great job somewhere like Plano.

Even the Mid Cities like Bedford, Euless & Colleyville have great schools and from there you can get all over the metroplex.

There are no easy answers that's why you need to find jobs then decide where you want to live.
Good post but DFW is not anywhere near 120 miles wide! It's more like 60 or 70 if you go from loop 635 of East Dallas to loop 820 (west) than encircles FW.

Old 02-24-2010, 07:54 PM

40,967 posts, read 49,289,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
Good post but DFW is not anywhere near 120 miles wide! It's more like 60 or 70 if you go from loop 635 of East Dallas to loop 820 (west) than encircles FW.
Basically you are correct. I guess it depends one where you measure.

Still a long ways to travel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth