Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2011, 11:42 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,231,333 times

Advertisements

I was thinking of starting a pot farm (medicinal, of course) to supplement my retirement income.

Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2011, 10:10 AM

1,096 posts, read 4,526,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliefille View Post
I was thinking of starting a pot farm (medicinal, of course) to supplement my retirement income.

Any suggestions?
Are you in a medical state? Michgian for example is a totally different system than California. Michigans laws for example aren't really specific at all so pretty much everything is a gray area. Michigan for example has no laws reguarding actually having a dispensery its all caregivers. Other medical states laws vary between Cali type laws and Michigan type laws.

Do you know anything about growing pot? People say its a weed just plant it an it grows. That may be true but if your going to be selling medical grade pot its not as simple as that. You need to set up a grow room, get the right lights, get the right chemicals, grow a popular and known strain and then find a dispensery who will sell your product or patients who will pay you to be a caregiver. Do a google search on craigslist in any medical state and you'll see 100 other people trying to do the same thing you are trying to do.

Not sure what state your in but if your in Cali there's Oaksterdamn Universtiy, if your in Michigan there's a school that will teach you right outside of Detroit. You need to take a class, Not only will you need to know how to grow and what equip to buy but also need to know the laws reguarding your state so you actually have a legit business and dont wind up going to prison.

What is RFR66 anyway? For a second I almost thought you posted about me lol as your post title is like one number off of my username. It doesn't seem thats the name of any states medical laws name or anything like that? Also, how is this a frugal issue? Probably a better thing for either business or your specific state.

Basically if you have some experience with gardening and know how to check soil ph levels, how to measure nutrient solutions, how to do minor electrical and construction work for grow room construction etc maybe you can break into it, if you just decided hey I could probably make some money selling pot and wanna start your wasting your time.

Last edited by rfr69; 01-27-2011 at 10:31 AM..

Old 01-29-2011, 02:47 AM

1,413 posts, read 3,231,333 times
Actually, it was for your enjoyment! You said the frugal forum was boring...and I agree!
I live in a state that allows medical Mary Jane...just not to grow commercially, as yet. I'd like to be a legal distributor, when it becomes possible.
On the other hand, maybe the most frugal retirement available is courtesy of Uncle Sam. Free housing, medical care, 3 squares a day and I won't have to be a greeter at Wally World.

Old 02-01-2011, 09:52 PM

19,201 posts, read 16,683,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliefille View Post
On the other hand, maybe the most frugal retirement available is courtesy of Uncle Sam. Free housing, medical care, 3 squares a day and I won't have to be a greeter at Wally World.

Three hots and a cot! I hear ya.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living