Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 10:05 AM

2,347 posts, read 3,336,894 times

Advertisements

This rather terse, condescending, nitpicky, and arrogant description in the terms just makes one want to intentionally screw him over out of an item. Look at this and tell me what you think. Is there anything here where I can toss it out the window and say that Ebays policy renders it all moot?

This is *JUST* the "terms and conditions":

PAYMENT, SHIPPING, AND TERMS:
  • Payment due within 3 (three) calendar days of your stated commitment to purchase via PayPal unless alternate mutually agreeable terms are agreed to beforehand.
  • Items are available on a first-come, first-served basis. And when they sell out, they sell out. These are all I have and do not have any more above and beyond these. So please don't ask me if I have any more.
  • Item(s) will ship within 10 (ten) business days of payment received.
  • Shipping is included in the purchase price. As such, I will be including tracking/delivery confirmation as well as insurance. I will utilize the hauler and service of my choice. Because of this, please allow UP TO 21 (twenty-one) *BUSINESS* days for the item(s) to arrive on your doorstep from date of SHIPMENT. Not from date of payment. Please don't badger me by being on the far opposite side of the country, in the hills of Maine asking me for a delivery ETA one day after your purchase. Please be reasonable and understand that transit times are out of my control. Time needs to be allowed; and that sometimes things happen: weather, mechanical delays, etc, and that all of this was disclosed ahead of time. Such requests from you can otherwise be construed as borderline harassment. Save us both the headache, ok? They'll get there in good time. Failing that and the item(s) cannot be tracked or located after a reasonable amount of time (say thirty business days from mailing), then that's what the insurance is for. I, the seller, cannot be held responsible for excessive transit delays or unforseen circumstances beyond my control such as blizzards, hurricanes, tornadoes, other acts of God, acts of War or Terrorism, mechanical breakdowns, airplane crashes, dock worker/delivery driver mistake/incompetence, and the like.
  • The items offered in this listing will NOT be shipped by me to anywhere outside the United States. Not to any other country, to any person, for any reason. Not even Canada, which last time I checked, was a sovereign nation. Why so many Canadians somehow fail to see this and/or think that these exclusions somehow don't apply to them, I don't know. But I'm telling you right now ahead of time: the answer is NO. Likewise, I am not going to get myself involved in some complex, convoluted, or shady Third Party freight forwarding outfit. The only person I will ship these to, is to the address located in the United States that's linked to the payment provided. If you, the buyer, wants to make arrangements to buy on someone elses behalf and you wish to assume that risk, effort, and liability, as long as I am not included, feel free. Requests and questions to make exceptions to any of this will be ignored and deleted: those questions have already been answered here.
  • Tracking number and insurance receipts shall constitute my sole proof of shipment. My involvement with this transaction shall cease immediately upon delivery company provided verification that delivery was made. This means that it's very important that YOU, the buyer, provide accurate shipping information including apartment, suite, or office numbers, complete addresses and ZIP codes, and most importantly, it is YOUR responsibility to make arrangements to receive the item. If the item gets lost because you failed to provide a complete address or some neighborhood kid pilfered the package because you weren't home, that is YOUR problem and your loss to accept. Remember: your failure to plan is NOT my emergency.
  • Delivery confirmation/signature as proof of delivery will be required from you. In the event this item is returned undeliverable or signature refused, I will NOT grant a second right of purchase nor will the items be re-shipped. A refund of your monies (less shipping, packaging, and handling costs) shall be refunded to you within 30 (thirty) calendar days of the item being returned to my posession. The items may or may not be relisted or offered to another bidder, at my sole discretion.
  • Items shall be reasonably packaged to ensure safe transit.
  • All sales are final. No refunds, credits, exchanges, or returns are offered, hinted, expressed, or implied. As I stated above: my obligation in this transaction ceases upon notification of delivery.
  • By making a purchase in this listing, you hereby state that you have read, understood, acknowledged, and consented to all terms contained in this listing. I have described the items and represented them to the best of my ability. I have provided what I feel are fair and reasonable terms. If you do not agree with any or all of these terms, then you are advised to not purchase and move on to the next listing. If you still have a question that I have not answered, please feel free to ask. Your satisfaction is important to me and I want to make sure we both walk away from this transaction in a satisfied frame of mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2011, 10:15 AM

12,460 posts, read 20,097,067 times
Does this seller have good sales? This is perhaps one of the most ridiculous "terms and conditions" I have read...

I don't see how the "all sales are final" thing is consistent with eBay's policies, the buyer could just put in a claim with Paypal/eBay and they'd require the seller to allow a return if the buyer thought the item was "Not as described".

I hate when people blame the post office for delays, yes USPS, UPS, etc do mess up sometimes, but its pretty rare. A practice that I really hate is sellers that pre-print postage to deceive you about the ship date, c'mon, get off your butt and just ship the thing instead of just printing the postage.

Old 05-25-2011, 10:18 AM

3,045 posts, read 5,005,270 times
Maybe you should offer them 25%...

Old 05-25-2011, 10:26 AM

378 posts, read 1,064,169 times
Too much shyt involved with them. Just don't buy from them. What ever the product is it is not worth dealing with this crap.

Old 05-25-2011, 10:41 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,431,297 times
I'm not an ebay seller, but reading that, I feel some sympathy for this one, who has apparently had to deal with the issues described from sellers who are less than stellar and then who complain when there are problems. I would be willing to bet that each and every paragraph of that is a result of the problem described occuring on more than one occasion.

Old 05-25-2011, 10:44 AM

448 posts, read 1,056,060 times
i don't eve care for e bay id'e try amazon to see if they have what you want. this aholes terms are not worth it.

Old 05-25-2011, 10:51 AM

54 posts, read 138,514 times
Unless it has been changed isn't the time frame to make a claim with paypal 30 days from date of purchase? So if they shipped on the 10th day and you didn't receive the item for 21 days and there was a problem you would be SOL to file a claim with Paypal.

I would never buy from this seller.

Old 05-25-2011, 11:14 AM

12,460 posts, read 20,097,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejuliet View Post
Unless it has been changed isn't the time frame to make a claim with paypal 30 days from date of purchase? So if they shipped on the 10th day and you didn't receive the item for 21 days and there was a problem you would be SOL to file a claim with Paypal.
You have 45 days to dispute a purchase in Paypal. Plus Paypal doesn't care about a seller that claims that it takes 20 days to deliver a product..

Old 05-25-2011, 11:26 AM

15,446 posts, read 21,372,711 times
The seller must be a trial lawyer.

Old 05-25-2011, 11:32 AM

5,439 posts, read 16,870,238 times
des-lab
so you havent even purchased something from this person and you want to screw someone over because of their terms and conditions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living