Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 10:45 AM

10,093 posts, read 5,745,514 times

Advertisements

Lately, I have been obsessed with reward loyal apps and programs. Basically all these programs work the same. You earn points which you can redeem for gift cards or plain paypal cash. Apparently this stuff has been around for several years, but I just now discovered it.

It started when I learned about Microsoft's bing.com and how you earn points by using their search engine. You are limited to 15 points a day, but you can cash out a $5 GC when you hit 450. I found a search bot that automatically does the searches so it only takes 5 minutes of my day.

Then I found out about Appnana. It is a phone app that gives you 400 points a day. You can earn up to 5,000 points automatically by installing certain apps. The downside is the payout is slow. I need 650,000 points to get $50 in paypal.

My favorite so far is swagbucks. Their website offers so many ways to earn swagbucks especially if you can snag a high paying quick survey. I've only used it for a week, and already cashed out $20 bucks in Amazon gift cards. I was dishearten to read that SB is bann happy, and seems to bann ppl if they earn too much. Anyone know if that is true?

Anyone know of a better rewards site or program than SB?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2014, 01:02 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,632,090 times
Inbox Dollars is okay, takes a while to earn the minimum of $30 to cash out though. If you are diligent and do the surveys everyday and read the emails you can make a little anyway.

Old 06-19-2014, 09:35 PM

128 posts, read 151,697 times
I've done e-rewards, which you can get a 25 dollar gift card for many places once you earn 75 bucks. I got my first card in a little over a month, but you can only redeem once a quarter. You earn rewards to invite people so I can always send a link! But it's mostly surveys which are actually pretty easy to do and you earn 2-7 dollars per survey.

Old 06-20-2014, 07:51 AM

7,032 posts, read 14,494,416 times
They're usually not worth my time in terms of the money paid out.. but I still prefer surveys since they can be fun at times. I feel that my combination of demographics, interests, and background isn't well represented in general marketing efforts and it's a way to get heard. Of course, since we're all frugal, many of the surveys (especially those that ask if you bought or want to buy a certain product) will drop you after you've answered their initial screening questions honestly.

Last edited by ragnarkar; 06-20-2014 at 08:32 AM..

Old 06-22-2014, 10:20 PM

108 posts, read 150,794 times
I do the bing searches and have cashed out on 4 separate accounts in excess of $100 in Amazon.com gift cards.

Old 06-24-2014, 06:27 PM

154 posts, read 308,283 times
I use Smarterbucks - not quite the same thing, but when I have to buy something (pet care products, textbooks, printer supplies), I use their online market and a small percentage goes directly to my student loan. I am also the purchaser for my office, so any time we need ink, toner, a fuser, etc, I place the order through their marketplace, and I'll take a few surveys if I'm bored. In just under 6 months, I've paid an extra $35 towards my student loan balance, which will save me $65+ over the life of the loan (not in repayment yet).

I have to start doing this bing thing!!

Old 06-26-2014, 06:30 PM

733 posts, read 1,048,202 times
no one here has mentioned perktv. i probably shouldnt because i want it to stay small for now so i can milk it.

in short: i generate about 110-130 a week in gift cards through it. no im not lying, i can take screenshots to prove it. it requires a little investment, but for families with multiple children and cell phones, you can make as much as a part time job like i do.

im a little more invested in it though, as i have 3 total internet connections i use the 110-130 a week is AFTER i take out monies (in gift cards of course). i also have a total of 25 phones (getting 10 more next month) going on 3 separate internet connections. 2 ATT DSL and one time warner.

there is a reddit that explains it better than i have. well, i havent explained anything really and am not going too! go to reddit and google and check it out. its legit. i dont want you to sign up under my referral link either because i dont want to draw attention to my accounts.

happy perking!

Old 06-29-2014, 08:26 AM

733 posts, read 1,048,202 times
either people are perking away, or they thought it was a scam. im wondering which?

Old 07-01-2014, 01:55 PM

10,093 posts, read 5,745,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KM1174 View Post
either people are perking away, or they thought it was a scam. im wondering which?

Hey shhhh. I don't want the word to get around about perk too much either. lol Although it has a long running thread on slickdeals.

I took things to the next level last weekend by buying a 30 dollar straight talk phone just for streaming perk. It worked like a charm. I'm averaging about 1500 a day with three devices streaming which is still pretty slow for cashing out. I might go buy another phone, but I'm concerned about sucking up that much bandwidth. I love that they give you the gift cards pretty fast too.

I was also finally able to cash out a $5 gift card on bing.com after two months of search points. By far, the slowest and worst of the rewards programs.

Old 07-01-2014, 02:06 PM

7,032 posts, read 14,494,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Hey shhhh. I don't want the word to get around about perk too much either. lol Although it has a long running thread on slickdeals.

I took things to the next level last weekend by buying a 30 dollar straight talk phone just for streaming perk. It worked like a charm. I'm averaging about 1500 a day with three devices streaming which is still pretty slow for cashing out. I might go buy another phone, but I'm concerned about sucking up that much bandwidth. I love that they give you the gift cards pretty fast too.

I was also finally able to cash out a $5 gift card on bing.com after two months of search points. By far, the slowest and worst of the rewards programs.
I use BING rewards and Google's Screenwise panel.. both are great for earning small change for virtually zero effort. I'd love to see Google's reaction when the analyze my Screenwise data and realize I've been using Bing for my searches (and earning those rewards) the whole time!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living