Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 11:10 AM

242 posts, read 1,187,202 times

Advertisements

I was searching years ago for a friend and found this online. COVER GRAY HAIR. this is the recipe. 1/2 cup herb sage, 2 cups of water, Boil the sage for 30 minutes, I think it would be the sage leaves, I really do not know then Steep fo man hours ? I don't know for many hours. Apply tea to dry on your hair and ( must be col tea when applied to the hair, then RINSE, and do t all over again. APPLY WEEKLY untl you have the shade you want & then maintain your hair color. NO FUMES< no chemicals all NATURAL. ================================================== = TO DARKEN HAIR, another method, RINSE HAIR with STRONG BLACK TEA or BLACK COFFEE.

Old 04-09-2009, 11:40 AM

4,253 posts, read 9,454,385 times
Yes, I'd love to color very dark brown!!!

My mother used to use henna, but I don't like the reddish-mahoganish shade of it. Here, people mix henna and indigo to make dark brown color:

YouTube - henna for hair: half-gray to dark brown

Old 04-09-2009, 01:18 PM

668 posts, read 2,187,338 times
I cant see why women would want to color thier hair... My Grandmother had Silver hair and I thought it was absolutely beautiful!! My Wife would have pure white hair if she left it go, and I think it would be beautiful but, she refuses to be 'grey'..sheesh! Wimmin... Yea, I know that some men are vain too, and I just dont see the need or reason for it... Maybe I am just a plain old man who knows that grey hair or any other color just wont make me younger or stronger...(unless my deoderant quits!!!).

May the LORD Bless each of you.

I wish you well...

Jesse

Old 04-10-2009, 03:35 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,451,384 times
I stopped coloring. The gray looks great and I save bucks.

Old 04-10-2009, 05:52 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,678,174 times
I guess the op can just dunk her ponytail in hot water for afternoon tea Now now, just having a little fun.
As soon as my dh started going silverback, I tossed the lovin care, my hair is actually in alot better condition.

Old 04-10-2009, 07:03 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,768,824 times
Here's a great site on this topic:
Going Gray Looking Great! (http://goinggraylookinggreat.com/newbies2/ - broken link)

The thing I like about it is that at least one or two of the options/plans can be done in a frugal manner. Lots of support for individuals on that site.

Old 04-10-2009, 07:17 PM

18,717 posts, read 31,089,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
I stopped coloring. The gray looks great and I save bucks.
When you stopped coloring, how did you deal with the widening grey stripe? I can stand it up to about a half inch, then I can't take it anymore. I figure to let your hair grow out you'd have to look at that stripe for at least a year. Did you crop it really short until it grew out, or maybe wear a hat for a year? Or did you die your hair grey first?

I don't mind going grey, it's just the growing out stage that I dread. The link isn't that helpful since the woman has light hair. A grey stripe doesn't look that bad on her. But I have black hair--a white stripe makes me look like a skunk in reverse.

Old 04-14-2009, 11:04 PM

Default Do you have gray hair and

SURE THIS POST was helpful, MILLIONS of people or BILLIONS of people HATE GRAY HAIR, and wish that they could use something natural. Oh I worked with a gal, who didnt like her brown hair and used the HENNA, so I know that color you are talking about, it looks wonderful on her and she was about 22 years young. SO there you go, some people liked what I said, and some didnt. NO ONE WANTS TO GET OLD and it surely shows in the face. NOW days, they have that new LASER REMEDY.. but what about the rest of their body

Old 04-14-2009, 11:07 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,271,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromVAtoNC View Post
When you stopped coloring, how did you deal with the widening grey stripe? I can stand it up to about a half inch, then I can't take it anymore. I figure to let your hair grow out you'd have to look at that stripe for at least a year. Did you crop it really short until it grew out, or maybe wear a hat for a year? Or did you die your hair grey first?

I don't mind going grey, it's just the growing out stage that I dread. The link isn't that helpful since the woman has light hair. A grey stripe doesn't look that bad on her. But I have black hair--a white stripe makes me look like a skunk in reverse.
I dont know if a semi-permanent hair color would work for you, but if it does, the growing out stage is a lot more subtle than with a permanent color.

Old 04-14-2009, 11:38 PM

Default Do you have gray hair

GOT A GREAT SOULTION. SHAVE OFF YOUR hair, and go out to the wig stores, try on the any styles of wigs. NO more GRAY HAIR. ================================================== = Did anyone ever take the time to read what my I posted? The natural rememdy to get rid of unwanted gray hair. BUT GO AND SHAVE OF YOUR HAIRS and BUY A WIG or WIGS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living