Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2010, 12:22 AM

5 posts, read 11,504 times

Advertisements

I live in So Cal and I have a jade plant in a pot; which has been potted for a few years. I have watered the plant the same way for all of this time and all of a sudden, the leaves start falling off if the you brush on it or move the pot, etc. The plant was located on my front porch area and my thought is that someone other than myself has watered the plant causing the leaves to fall. The leaves this evening appeared to be somewhat squishy. It seemed fine this morning. Also, this plant has never flowered and I wonder why not? Any suggestions would be appreciated .... thank you.

My cousin has a potted jade plant as well, in a different location. This plant is losing some leaves and has what looks like aphids on some of the leaves (it is a much larger plant) and it flowers. Also, some spider webs. What is the best product to use on a jade plant to kill bugs without harming the plant. It is a great plant, my cousin recently died and I will inherit the plant - I want to take very good care of it. I don't think that she did anything much for it to do so well. There were no bugs there previously or at the neighbors, what could be attracting these pests to these plants? Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2018, 11:24 AM

2 posts, read 1,487 times
What color are the leaves? If you are just brushing against them and they are falling off something either in placement or watering has changed. Did you place it somewhere else. Different sun approach? Or does it need to be transplanted? Still sounds like overwatering.

Old 10-24-2018, 07:50 PM

2,513 posts, read 2,073,867 times
I have a couple on my front porch too, and every once in awhile I'll spot a leaf on the ground. But nothing major.
I hardly ever water them. Maybe once every 3 wks if I remember. I have other plants out there too, so they all get watered at the same time...no schedule.

Old 12-19-2020, 08:32 PM

840 posts, read 773,928 times
I wonder if one of them might have Spider Mites:

Spider Mites - Tetranychus
- UC Master Gardener Program of Sonoma County
Spider Mites - Tetranychus - UC Master Gardener Program of Sonoma County
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden