Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2013, 03:57 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,889,092 times

Advertisements

I'm a member of Ancestry.com and only have the USA membership. At this point, I can't justify joining up for the international membership since I have very few foreign ancestors that I've found (apart from English people in the 1600s).

But I have one great grandfather who came from Sweden, and I keep getting this "hint" on ancestry that looks like it could be when he came to the US on a boat. It's taunting me! His branch is a little stump on my family tree.

Would someone with an international membership be willing to check it out for me, and in return, I can do a look-up for you on Fold3, Genealogybank.com, or newspaperarchive?

If I get more info on this ancestor from Sweden, I might be able to justify signing up for the more expensive Ancestry membership, especially if I can get names of his parents. For now, my ancestors in England in the 1600s and 1700s left enough records of their existence for me to dig through, that I can get by without paying more money to Ancestry. I have another German "stump" that I might pursue in the future, but not right now.

And before you remind me, yes, I was an idiot. A couple months ago there were a few days where the international lookups were free, but I totally missed it.

If you could do this lookup, please direct-message me, and I'll give you the details on his name, dates, and birthplace, death place, and the record I keep getting taunted with. Also, include the specifics on the person you'd like me to look up on the sites where I'm a member, and we'll swap look-ups.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2013, 04:27 PM

2,430 posts, read 5,577,969 times
Yes! I'll help you out. Pmming you now...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy