Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2019, 08:08 PM

7,681 posts, read 5,532,541 times

Advertisements

I spent some time at the site this evening for the first time in about 5 years and I’m lost. There used to be a mail icon in the menu. There no longer is one.

- Where do I find all the old messages I exchanged with others?

- I sent a new message to someone this evening. Where do I find the message I sent?

- I used to make notes in a note field for a DNA relative, describing how I was connected to them. Is there an easy way to tell if have created a note for a specific DNA relative without having to click on the relative’s name and scroll down several screens? IIRC, the note field used to be in the top-most screen.

I’m baffled.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2019, 08:35 PM

10,214 posts, read 17,885,184 times
They seem to change the navigation and layout every few months. It's definitely annoying.

The mail icon has simply been replaced by a bell icon for notifications - click it and a popup with "see all messages" will appear. Click this and it will take you to a page with all messages, sent or received. You can also view messages with a relative by clicking on them and then clicking "send message" - it will display all previous messages to/from that individual. Also, to the left of your DNA Relatives list, under "profile features and activity" you can select "relatives with messages" to see everyone you've messaged or had a message from.

I do not see a similar option for notes though.

Old 05-16-2019, 09:08 PM

7,681 posts, read 5,532,541 times
Thanks, PA2UK!

Old 05-17-2019, 01:46 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,960,270 times
On the DNA Relatives page, click on a person's name. Then look for the "Send a Message" button. That will show you the previous messages. I don't know where they put the Notes, but it is probably also on the page where you are viewing a relative's record.

Old 05-19-2019, 10:23 AM

5,041 posts, read 7,419,654 times
The Notes are there at the bottom of the profile page for each DNA Relative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy