Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2016, 04:44 PM

2 posts, read 31,351 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,

When using one of them large U-Haul or Penske moving trucks (26 ft) and going through the highway toll plaza...do you have to go through the passenger vehicle toll booth or do you have to go through the semis (big truck) toll booth portion ?

I will go from Northern Indiana to Iowa using: Indiana Toll Road (I-80/I-90), then I-84, I-80

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2016, 04:54 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,334,693 times
Do you have an EZpass? I'm guessing not since you've asked this.

You'll have to go through the cash lane and those now tend to be the same for passenger vehicles and trucks. At 26 feet, I would consider it a truck.

Old 04-28-2016, 05:59 PM

2 posts, read 31,351 times
No EZPASS...I usually use the passenger car (normal car) cash booth...

But since I will be driving a big moving truck...I don't know if I can still use the normal 'car' passenger booths...or use the semi-truck booth ....here is an image of the indiana toll booth plaza.. if I have a U-Haul or Penske or Budget truck...would I use the 'TRUCK ONLY' lane on the right ???

http://s32.postimg.org/mkf7370id/2_i..._toll_road.jpg

Old 04-28-2016, 08:35 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
As a former toll booth employee, I'm experienced with this situation, and was asked this question rather often. Trucks without EZ Tags, no matter what size, went through the manned cash lanes. Out of necessity, our manned lanes were wide enough to accommodate anything from a motorcycle to 18 wheelers towing space shuttle components (this is in Houston, TX). If in doubt, call your local toll authority. Don't go through the EZ Pass lane without a tag or you'll get a ticket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues