Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2011, 11:25 PM

34 posts, read 158,106 times

Advertisements

I'm trying to find the crystal ball that will help me find revenue investment properties (single family, multi family, commercial) in the areas that have fallen the furthest below their intrinsic values, yet offer the strongest rental market (occupancy and pricing) and, naturally, I also want earliest possible market recovery for best capital gain. Where is this land I dream of?

From what I've read so far, Florida and California seem interesting, Nevada (Las Vegas) isn't expected to begin recovering for 5 or 6 more years, Michigan - well I don't know if some parts of the rust belt will ever recover. My problem is not knowing the smaller areas, like, if Florida is it, then where in Florida - Winter Haven, Fort Myers or...? What is the best type of property to buy?

I look forward to reading your response and maybe you have a suggestion where I can look to study this further. I hope this generates many responses, it will be interesting to watch a pattern form.

Thanks, Toddco
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2011, 05:16 AM

27,169 posts, read 43,857,618 times
My input would be to focus on condominiums, which are in demand from a rental perspective, especially for vacation purposes. Check out VRBO if you're not familiar. The overwhelming top choice would be as close to Disney World/Universal Studios as possible. These type of rentals are very popular with Europeans (British and Germans especially) and in-demand if furnished nicely, and also if within an attractive community with decent amenities (a pool is a must).

Old 02-05-2011, 07:45 AM

3,391 posts, read 8,775,958 times
From the information I have gathered it seems Southern California Real Estate is expected to recover first and all of Florida but particularly the gulf coast and Phoenix area are expected to recover last. I guess like most places, where I live in Philadelphia there are some ridiculous bargins out there just waiting to be snatched up and I believe the bottom has been reached but how soon to the recovery is an unknown. (sales in October '10 were off 37% from a year ago but the crash hit here much later then most places) Also that's assuming some new "bad news" doesn't materialize.

Old 05-14-2011, 04:35 PM

1 posts, read 4,208 times
hi,
i am also looking for an investment rental, i am gathering information and going down to florida soon. the best solid returns i see are cheaper single family homes that rent at 900-1000$. e mail me if you would like to share information, this task is daunting at times (first home i buy!).
itai
[email]goldman.itai@gmail.com[/email]

Old 10-05-2011, 08:24 AM

6 posts, read 63,423 times
Hi there,

After recently attending a weekend conference on real estate investing in Baltimore, I went to Memphis (near where I grew up) to check out a company they talked about at the conference - MemphisInvest.com. I'm a real estate agent in the Metro DC area and I am very wary of anything with .com in the name. So I did my due diligence in checking these guys out, went down to their offices, saw the homes they are buying, rehabbing, selling and managing for the owners, met everyone in the operation and I am now comfortable enough to start investing.

Memphis has a 53% renters market, which is just UNHEARD of!! My husband and I are about to start buying rental properties with them that are cash flowing about $300 a month as soon as we buy them.

Check them out and tell Ashley or Ryan I said hi.

Kelly Putz
Buyer's and Seller's REALTOR®
DC/MD/VA
Keller Williams McLean
Knoxville MD Homes and Real Estate - Keller Williams
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.