Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2012, 06:53 AM

2 posts, read 1,917 times

Advertisements

I presently live in Indianapolis IN. Would like to move to a less humid state with moderate temperatures year 'round with a low crime rate and most importantly a hospsital with a program to cover the uninsured. Such a program keeps me tied to Indianapolis at present. My room mate and I pay $700. per month for a two bedroom townhouse and would like something comparable. Any such state exist?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2012, 07:03 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,926,132 times
Colorado

Old 01-28-2012, 07:20 AM

441 posts, read 886,048 times
I'd suggest Colorado as well. I hear good things about Boulder and you could maybe try Denver...

Old 01-29-2012, 02:02 AM

854 posts, read 1,703,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by icecreamsandwich View Post
I'd suggest Colorado as well. I hear good things about Boulder and you could maybe try Denver...

Moderate temps year round?

Old 01-29-2012, 07:18 AM

27,196 posts, read 43,896,295 times
You might check out Oregon. Portland is rather expensive but you might look at Corvallis, which is a bit over an hour south of Portland. It's a thriving college town with a very low unemployment rate (5.4%) and a reasonable cost of living with many choices in your price range for housing. The city is one of a few in the country with FREE public transit (buses) which is a huge cost savings. The climate is mild without extreme high or low temperatures and also has a low crime rate. Oregon is a socially liberal state with ample coverage for the uninsured so you shouldn't have trouble with that. I think you have to establish residency first (which is true wherever you move) so bear that in mind. Good luck!

Corvallis, Oregon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Corvallis Transit System Maps & Schedules - City of Corvallis
Climate Corvallis - Oregon - Climate graph
Oregon Health Plan – Easy Access to Health Plan Information
Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Last edited by Yac; 01-31-2012 at 07:12 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.