Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 02:07 PM

6,413 posts, read 12,147,004 times

Advertisements

Some people just don't have the capacity to appreciate the beauty to be had all around. Some of it is more subtle, and some more in-your-face ... but everywhere I've been (which is pretty much all over) has been well worth seeing. Not saying I'd want to live everywhere, but I wouldn't have missed seeing it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2013, 05:39 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,567,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I liked it. My answer is no, but I would like to visit the Midwest. I realize that encompasses a lot of area, and this probably sounds bizarre, but I've always wanted to see wheat fields. Wheat is such a huge part of Americana and the whole idea of the flat plains and the endless fields of wheat intrigues me. I'd like to see the sunrise and sunset out there.

BTW, I'm from the mid-Atlantic east coast. Never saw the west coast, either.
Just have to say if you want to see wheat fields go to Nebraska! Take a drive from Omaha to Lincoln in the afternoon and you will see billowing fields of golden wheat. It is truly stunning if you like that kind of landscape. It is simply impressive to see.

Old 08-30-2013, 05:46 PM

1,028 posts, read 1,881,792 times
I live in the northeast and have never been to the midwest.

Old 08-30-2013, 06:05 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,590,770 times
I'm originally from Kansas City, Missouri. I've spent a significant amount of time in both coast. I've been up and down the East Coast. I guess I'm new to the West Coast though, but I currently live in California

Old 08-31-2013, 10:23 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,504,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jews for Jesus View Post
I live in the northeast and have never been to the midwest.
Lol wrong thread

Old 08-31-2013, 10:24 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,504,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1000 View Post
Anyone in Middle America who hasn't been to any of the big cities on the West or East Coasts? Gulf coast doesn't count.

If so- in this context, is Chicago or Dallas or Atlanta or Phoenix the "biggest" cities you're acquainted with?

I've been to both and yes Chicago is the biggest city I am acquainted with

Old 09-28-2013, 01:05 AM

50 posts, read 89,927 times
Lived on both coasts. Currently reside on the third coast.

Old 09-28-2013, 04:12 AM

4,647 posts, read 8,602,317 times
I've only been in Chicago for less than several hours so I'm not even really sure that counts as being acquainted with the city. However, it is the biggest city I've spent at least several hours in and I've never been to either of the coasts.

Actually, I just remembered that I had went to Philadelphia when I was probably 10 or 11 years old but I hardly remember anything from the trip.

Anyway, I would like to do a bit of traveling at some point and visiting the coasts would be likely stops.

Old 09-28-2013, 06:54 AM

8,276 posts, read 11,921,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I liked it. My answer is no, but I would like to visit the Midwest. I realize that encompasses a lot of area, and this probably sounds bizarre, but I've always wanted to see wheat fields. Wheat is such a huge part of Americana and the whole idea of the flat plains and the endless fields of wheat intrigues me. I'd like to see the sunrise and sunset out there.

BTW, I'm from the mid-Atlantic east coast. Never saw the west coast, either.
Make sure you go when the wheat fields are in full bloom, and that varies on the Great Plains, depending on location. If you go through Kansas or western Nebraska/eastern Colorado, you have to go in June/early July, right before the harvest. If you go north through western Minnesota, and into North/South Dakota, you'd have to go at the end of summer, into September..

Old 09-28-2013, 11:47 AM

647 posts, read 1,217,502 times
Not originally from the Midwest, live there now. Been all over the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.