Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 04:02 PM

6,478 posts, read 4,094,792 times

Advertisements

Obviously, it isn't but I don't want to generalize and make a statement of just knowing mixed people in Houston. For all i know the ones in every other city identify as hispanic. JK. That is why I said in Houston.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2015, 04:04 PM

25 posts, read 37,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Do a Barrel Roll View Post
The post wasn't bad until this subtle jab portion. Notice the one race that is conveniently left out. I can't wait for the day I attain a profession that allows me to permanently relocate outside the United States.
you mean black guys? Black men with white women is commonly everywhere in the USA and people have to accept it whether they want to or not. It was not even worth it for me to mention.

Or do you mean white guys? White guys get their pick of the litter even in the most racist areas in the USA they can date any kind of women they want without facing issues at all.

The issue is with brown and Asian men dating women of other races, especially white women. American media does all it can to make sure that white women do not date anyone except for black or white men by throwing negative stereotypes on most ethnic groups. Even brown and asian women in the USA for the most part are desperate for a white guy.

In terms of interracial relationships, the main issue that exists in modern day is white women that look good dating guys that are not black or white themselves. In most places people will be openly racist to such couples, treat that couple like trash, and let it be known that they do not belong together.

Fortunately in California, it is not a big issue, but I am pretty sure if a Wilmer Valderamma lookalike dating a hot blonde in a state like North Carolina, it would cause a lot of problems.

Old 07-01-2015, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese plate View Post
^ This guy again
I just find it a bit wrong that a white guy in the USA can date an Indian girl and not face any issues from society whatsoever but if an Indian guy decides to date a white girl, it becomes a major problem. I have nothing against white guys dating who they like but shouldn't I also have that right?

With that being the case, yes I will point out that certain areas of the USA (New York City, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, etc.) are awful for men of non-black minority groups dating white women because people will harass them for it.

Old 07-01-2015, 04:41 PM

32,151 posts, read 34,833,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
Something I have noticed in Houston is the vast majority of Black and white mixed people, seem to identify as Black. I haven't met a single mixed person of those 2 races that identify as white, I have met a few that identify as mixed of course.
That's not a Houston-specific thing.

Old 07-02-2015, 10:37 AM

3,453 posts, read 4,541,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamtheman2 View Post
I just find it a bit wrong that a white guy in the USA can date an Indian girl and not face any issues from society whatsoever but if an Indian guy decides to date a white girl, it becomes a major problem.
But it isn't. As we've established throughout every thread you've started with every screen name you've used throughout the years.

Old 07-02-2015, 11:25 AM

1,605 posts, read 3,921,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamtheman2 View Post
you mean black guys? Black men with white women is commonly everywhere in the USA and people have to accept it whether they want to or not. It was not even worth it for me to mention.

The issue is with brown and Asian men dating women of other races, especially white women. American media does all it can to make sure that white women do not date anyone except for black or white men by throwing negative stereotypes on most ethnic groups. Even brown and asian women in the USA for the most part are desperate for a white guy.

In terms of interracial relationships, the main issue that exists in modern day is white women that look good dating guys that are not black or white themselves. In most places people will be openly racist to such couples, treat that couple like trash, and let it be known that they do not belong together.

Fortunately in California, it is not a big issue, but I am pretty sure if a Wilmer Valderamma lookalike dating a hot blonde in a state like North Carolina, it would cause a lot of problems.
You obviously haven't stayed on the East Coast long enough. "Brown" and "Yellow" men who take the effort to assimilate themselves to the mainstream culture usually have good results with dating outside their race. The same can't be said for Black men who does the same, unless it's in the Western states. Despite the more evident segregation on the East Coast, no one is rioting over Asian, Indian, nor Hispanic dudes dating white chicks. In fact, despite all the complaints from you of your women dating white men, "Brown" and "Yellow" communities seem to do all their damnedest to prevent their women from dating black men, all the while putting their heads down and give the proverbial "Yessum Boss" to every white guy who dates their women. And you stating that "the media" don't put negative stereotypes on black men to discourage other races to date them...don't make me laugh.

Not to sound like a d-bag, but it grinds my gears when other minorities act like black men have it as good as white men from coast to coast.

Old 07-02-2015, 12:06 PM

In terms of going interracial, black men have it the easiest after white men. I see black guys with white girls and latinas all the time in CA, more so than I do Asians or Hispanics. Now the same is said for the east coast where I saw black men white women couples all the time in Brooklyn. It literally is no issue and tbh, white women with any other minority group is pretty rare outside of CA, as I found out the hard way.

I do agree with brown and yellow communities try hard to stop their women from going black but it's not exactly working, seeing black men with asian or brown women is not unheard of and is a lot more common than seeing men from those backgrounds with white women.

Old 07-02-2015, 12:27 PM

1,227 posts, read 1,597,942 times
This guy is back. So now you have a fiancee? How'd you charm her? Was it through your posts on City-Data?

Old 07-02-2015, 04:24 PM

93,821 posts, read 124,582,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
That's not a Houston-specific thing.
Yeah, I think the socio-historical reality in this country has a lot to do with it.

Old 07-03-2015, 08:52 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,541,241 times
The West Coast and West just does not have the forbidden fruit crap and the laws that, in some states (mostly Southern States} until fifty years ago, banned interracial marriage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.