Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 08:06 AM

12,623 posts, read 13,929,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
And generations of black kids been born out of wedlock to young single mothers who live on welfare with their mothers and grandmothers and great-grandmothers, without a single responsible male role model (much less a father figure) anywhere in their lives ... and this is perfectly acceptable and fine within the black community.

We have allowed generation after generation of entitled, welfare-dependent, under-educated, poor black people to exist in this country -- and having a black man in the White House has done not made one damn difference.

It's disgusting.

Who is the "we" in your statement? Don't look at white people. I knew not one family growing up where there was not a father around at least every weekend. I know very very few white families where the father has 4 children from 4 different women. One thing I never got was why so many black males seem to have zero interest in their children. I just don't get that. I'm sure it happens in white families, but to a much lower rate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2014, 05:30 PM

1,709 posts, read 2,167,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
Who is the "we" in your statement? Don't look at white people. I knew not one family growing up where there was not a father around at least every weekend. I know very very few white families where the father has 4 children from 4 different women. One thing I never got was why so many black males seem to have zero interest in their children. I just don't get that. I'm sure it happens in white families, but to a much lower rate.
Its the cycle of poverty that affects African-American communities that causes this. When you're poor, you can't really find interest in your kids-they're just another mouth to feed. Furthermore, many blacks do take an interest in their kids, but often find themselves in jail or otherwise unable to support their child (some might have to support their kid with drug dealing and other illegal activities), so they don't have much of a chance to guide their kid in the right direction. This leaves the kid open to bad influences. Those kids then grow up and the cycle begins. A good kid makes a good parent, and unfortunately poorer communities lack the resources (mental and physical) to raise good kids.

Old 05-27-2014, 06:55 PM

3,415 posts, read 5,127,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYerinKreuzberg View Post
In Cleveland and Baltimore blight is endemic, widespread and unavoidable making it scary.
So endemic that neighborhoods sporting $3-500,000 gentrified houses and new construction condos are sprouting up all around the city. So endemic that Downtown Cleveland is seeing $6 Billion in development. So endemic that I can list off 7 neighborhoods that have become or are becoming hip (Ohio City, Tremont, Detroit Shoreway, Larchmere, North Collinwood, University Circle, Downtown, Goodrich-Kirtland AKA Chinatown), and many more neighborhoods that while not hip, are not run-down either (Old Brooklyn, West Park, Edgewater, Kamms Corners). Yes, much of the East Side is run down, just like much of Chicago's South Side, but on the whole, Cleveland is coming back, in a big way.

Old 06-01-2014, 12:11 PM

622 posts, read 949,449 times
The cities in the US I think is scary is:

North Philadelphia
Baltimore
Cleveland
Detroit
Flint
Saginaw
St. Louis
Memphis
Miami
Belle Glade
New Orleans
Buffalo
Wilmington
Camden
Trenton
Reading
Bridgeton
Bridgeport
Hartford
Chester
Southeast Washington
West Prince George's County
Youngstown
Fayetteville
East St. Louis
Gary
Any city in the Mississippi Delta
Any city or county that borders Mexico
Any city in Mexico
Puerto Rico

Old 06-01-2014, 02:25 PM

2,596 posts, read 4,658,144 times
Default boredatwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppethammer26 View Post
The cities in the US I think is scary is:

North Philadelphia
Baltimore
Cleveland
Detroit
Flint
Saginaw
St. Louis
Memphis
Miami
Belle Glade
New Orleans
Buffalo
Wilmington
Camden
Trenton
Reading
Bridgeton
Bridgeport
Hartford
Chester
Southeast Washington
West Prince George's County
Youngstown
Fayetteville
East St. Louis
Gary
Any city in the Mississippi Delta
Any city or county that borders Mexico
Any city in Mexico
Puerto Rico

lol thats alot of scary

Old 06-01-2014, 11:47 PM

1,280 posts, read 1,858,292 times
To say that poverty is the problem is an insult to all of the poor folk worldwide who've never committed a crime against anyone. Black folk are screwed up because it is a sociopolitical and socioeconomic necessity that we be screwed up.

Society laughs at frivolous purchases of Black folk. However, it would be very interesting to see how the economy would be impacted without our collective purchasing power. Let's boycott Christmas 2014. We worship images that don't look like us. That is mental illness! Please don't tell me about the many Black Madonnas that are still sacred in parts of Europe. They know the truth, we don't! We call each other the most degrading name ever invented! That is mental illness!

Collectively, we are mentally ill! Indeed, we are sick in the head. The mind controls the body! Hence, our collective behavior.

Old 06-02-2014, 12:00 AM

5,365 posts, read 6,337,762 times
Gotta love how none of the people being PC spoke up after I posted proof about how prone to crime and homicide black people are.

Old 06-02-2014, 12:03 AM

1,280 posts, read 1,858,292 times
If you like to read, these books are a must.

Who Needs the Negro, by Sidney Wilhlem.
Amazon.com: who needs the negro: Books

An American Dilemma the Negro Problem and Modern Democracy, by Gunar Myrdal
Amazon.com: an american dilemma the negro problem and modern democracy: Books

These books were not written by the Nation of Islam, Malcolm X, the Black Panther Party, Dr Martin King, or a king from Afrika. They were written by white men.

Old 06-02-2014, 08:47 AM

34 posts, read 130,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYerinKreuzberg View Post
In Cleveland and Baltimore blight is endemic, widespread and unavoidable making it scary.
Not even close to true. You've never been to Cleveland, have you?

Old 06-02-2014, 10:21 AM

1,207 posts, read 1,282,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
Gotta love how none of the people being PC spoke up after I posted proof about how prone to crime and homicide black people are.
Can we get a rundown on where those crimes are committed? Like another poster said, I think there is more crime in inner cities than rural areas because there is more going on, more to steal, gangs, etc. Are there any crime stats on poor blacks living in rural areas throughout the country?

Also, you did not post proof about how prone to crime and homicide black people are. What you posted is how prone to crime and homicide impoverished black people are. If took a look at the stats of upper and middle class blacks vs. impoverished blacks, you'd notice that there is a drastic difference in crime rates between the two groups.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.