Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 09:30 AM

12 posts, read 108,309 times

Advertisements

I HAVE NARROWED it down to Chicago and Seattle

Could somebody do a quick summary of the vibe of each city to help me decide?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2014, 10:32 AM

11,669 posts, read 17,942,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank W View Post
I HAVE NARROWED it down to Chicago and Seattle

Could somebody do a quick summary of the vibe of each city to help me decide?
Okay, but are you comfortable with dealing with INSANE traffic and VERY expensive rents and housing?

Also, why would you choose Chicago if you said you can't deal with snow? Chicago is almost just as bad as Minneapolis with frigid temperatures and snow.

Old 07-25-2014, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Okay, but are you comfortable with dealing with INSANE traffic and VERY expensive rents and housing?

Also, why would you choose Chicago if you said you can't deal with snow? Chicago is almost just as bad as Minneapolis with frigid temperatures and snow.
I am flexible on the weather, as long as it isn't really humid

I can afford both cities

Old 07-25-2014, 11:04 AM

93,239 posts, read 123,876,708 times
It seems like the answer was already made.

Old 07-25-2014, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
It seems like the answer was already made.
??

Old 07-25-2014, 12:58 PM

3,147 posts, read 3,500,882 times
Quote:
I am flexible on the weather, as long as it isn't really humid

I can afford both cities
You said you don't like humidity or snow... so throw out Chicago now....

Old 07-25-2014, 01:44 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,203,482 times
Chicago has hot and sticky summers...in addition, winters are long, snowy and quite frigid. You'd be better off somewhere like Denver. But in this case, I would go with Seattle.

Old 07-25-2014, 01:47 PM

Quote:
??
Seattle seems to be the only legitimate fit. Like others have said, a place like Chicago doesn't fit the original criteria and if you are open to Chicago, there are others that could fit that were already thrown out.

Old 07-25-2014, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Seattle seems to be the only legitimate fit. Like others have said, a place like Chicago doesn't fit the original criteria and if you are open to Chicago, there are others that could fit that were already thrown out.
I see I will research Seattle some more.

But do you think I will fit in there from my description? I know the other criteria works but unsure about personality-wise. I am an ISTJ (MBTI type) which means:

Quote:
Serious and quiet, interested in security and peaceful living. Extremely thorough, responsible, and dependable. Well-developed powers of concentration. Usually interested in supporting and promoting traditions and establishments. Well-organized and hard working, they work steadily towards identified goals. They can usually accomplish any task once they have set their mind to it.
I know you get a mix of personalities in every city but I feel most places i have lived (mainly Cali and FL) are full of extraverts.

Old 07-25-2014, 04:05 PM

Quote:
I see I will research Seattle some more.

But do you think I will fit in there from my description? I know the other criteria works but unsure about personality-wise. I am an ISTJ (MBTI type) which means:

I know you get a mix of personalities in every city but I feel most places i have lived (mainly Cali and FL) are full of extraverts.
I think you would be fine, as it fits what you are looking for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.