Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 03:57 PM

395 posts, read 1,375,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
The Cardinals take it in their Pujols.
We will show this nation what we can accomplish!!! This is the year boys. This is the year.

....I'm tired of saying that, but 08 REALLY is the year
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2008, 04:05 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,392,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts View Post
How you continue to unnecessarily throw Indy into the conversation is beyond me. Respond to that.
Pfft. LOL You crack me up, you really do. I threw Indy into the equation because YOU brought it up first and I felt compelled to respond.

Remember writing this?... "And by the way, I know of some friends from college who are from Chicago and now live in Indy and like it here. One of them grew up in the city and loves it here because it isn't Chicago. Of course, that probably tears you up inside." Yeah, I thought you might have convieniently forgotton about that.

And the only arrogance around here is your own.

Old 01-09-2008, 04:07 PM

Quote:
I couldn't care less who moves where and how many of them there are.
Apparently you can. I'd be willing to see how many trolling infractions you get daily. There's no need for argument here, and none of us want. You always try to start things with EVERYONE.

You represent perfectly what I think of Indianapolis and/or Indiana. A guy who is always picked last for sports, jumping in the back "pick me pick me"! And then after years of not getting picked, you take that emotion and turn it into being a dick to everyone to compensate for your lack of ability and lacking personality/character.

Just because I hate Indianapolis and downsize it, i'm not personally attacking you. I really think the city is worthless. But I always say IMO. And i don't take any midwestern city and say chicago trumps it. I have much respect for detroit, minnpls, st. louis, even KC. I would never place Indy on that level.

Steve-o makes really valid points. If his points are against yours, you get mad, then use a defensive mechanism by throwing it on him telling HIM to calm down, when really you're the one who has an extreme inferiority complex and low self-esteem. Peace.

Old 01-09-2008, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLCardsBlues1989 View Post
Eh. Honestly, that's not really funny. Not because I'm a Cardinal fan, but because that's the kind of joke I'd expect from a seventh grader.

Here's one:

A Chicago man died and went to hell.

The devil noticed the heat didn't bother him and asked why.

The guy said, "I'm from Illinois, heat doesn't bother me."

The Devil made it cold, still the Chicagoan was uneffected.

He said, "I'm from Illinois, cold doesn't bother me."

So the devil froze Hell over. He found the Chicagoan celebrating!

"Why are you celebrating?" The Devil asked

"The Cubs won the World Series!" The Chicagoan replied.
Could you tell a joke thats, like, younger than 25 years old?

Old 01-09-2008, 04:17 PM

I think if we went on jokes, we'd lose this one steve-o. But all of them are the same....

cubs haven't won a world series in forever..blah blah.

But praise the lord we have the BEST fans and BEST stadium and neighborhood in the country!!! Cardinals have nothing close to wrigleyville and we have our historic stadium that legally can't be torn down. St. louis sold out for the new stadium...and that ballpark village everyone boasts about is never going to be built...it's just going to be a parking lot.

When you think baseball, think wrigley field .... or yankee stadium. GOOOO CUBBSSSS

(oh, and colts, ummm....you guys dont even have a baseball team....

Old 01-09-2008, 04:21 PM

2,247 posts, read 7,030,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownwarrior View Post
Apparently you can. I'd be willing to see how many trolling infractions you get daily. There's no need for argument here, and none of us want. You always try to start things with EVERYONE.

You represent perfectly what I think of Indianapolis and/or Indiana. A guy who is always picked last for sports, jumping in the back "pick me pick me"! And then after years of not getting picked, you take that emotion and turn it into being a dick to everyone to compensate for your lack of ability and lacking personality/character.

Just because I hate Indianapolis and downsize it, i'm not personally attacking you. I really think the city is worthless. But I always say IMO. And i don't take any midwestern city and say chicago trumps it. I have much respect for detroit, minnpls, st. louis, even KC. I would never place Indy on that level.

Steve-o makes really valid points. If his points are against yours, you get mad, then use a defensive mechanism by throwing it on him telling HIM to calm down, when really you're the one who has an extreme inferiority complex and low self-esteem. Peace.
How long did it take you to come up with this? Apparantly, your comprehension skills (and maturity) are even worse than Steve-o's. You were just looking for a comeback, and just wrote the first thing that popped into your head. Maybe that's why you're still taking cheap shots in your later posts ("you guys don't even have a baseball team").

Old 01-09-2008, 04:24 PM

Quote:
How long did it take you to come up with this? Apparantly, your comprehension skills (and maturity) are even worse than Steve-o's. You were just looking for a comeback, and just wrote the first thing that popped into your head. Maybe that's why you still taking cheap shots in your later posts. Run along now, little boy.
"Cheap?" "Little boy"? "Worse"? Talking about Indy again, are we? Youre gonna get this thread shut down you know.

Back on topic.... I still think Milwaukee and St. Louis are Chicago's biggest "rivals", if there are any to begin with.

Old 01-09-2008, 04:25 PM

Quote:
How long did it take you to come up with this? Apparantly, your comprehension skills (and maturity) are even worse than Steve-o's. You were just looking for a comeback, and just wrote the first thing that popped into your head. Maybe that's why you're still taking cheap shots in your later posts ("you guys don't even have a baseball team").
about 30 seconds. i have a job.

Yes, please BACK ON TOPIC

Old 01-09-2008, 04:28 PM

5,812 posts, read 18,833,209 times
I actually just that joke recently, from a Cubs fan in fact.

It may be old, but I still enjoy it.

The Cardinals will probably suck next year, but It's hard to argue with their playoff success over the years.

'08 will be a "transition year" but the future looks good with young guys coming up. Of the Cardinals 40-man roster, Spring Training invitees, and minor-leagues who have potential, I have listed 52 possible starters this year. Of the pitchers, the average age is 29, and 18 of them are under 30. Hopefully, out of all of these, there's some valuable talent.

The average age of our catchers is 28, although Yadi is 25 and prospect Byran Anderson is 21. And there are two, one on the roster and the other an invitee, who are 34 and 32.

Of our infielders, The average age of our infielders in 29 also, including 28-year-old Albert Pujols. Of the 11 I listed, 6 are under 30, Jimenez is 30, and Miles is 31. Kennedy is 32, Rolen 33, and Spiezio 35.

I have 9 outfielders listed. Encarnacion is out of commission. The 8 are all under 30. The average age is 26. I don't expect 21-year-old Colby Rasmus to start out of Spring Training, though. He'll probably be called up later in the year.

So, the Cubs may win the division next year, but it'll take a lot before they can dismiss all the jokes.

But I do know what it's like to be in somewhat of a drought. The Blues have never won a Stanley Cup, although until the lockout they reached the playoffs 25 straight years. They've been a team since 1967.

Old 01-09-2008, 04:31 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,389,527 times
Chicago has had rivals. Detroit once. St. Louis once. Now I don't think there's a city that can be considered one. No city with a similar population and status is even close to nearby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.