Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 05:23 PM

1,049 posts, read 653,746 times

Advertisements

This is a topic that I haven't seen on here that I would think is interesting.

What are your top 5 Amusement/Theme Parks?

Old 07-19-2017, 05:42 PM

2,096 posts, read 2,326,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fivenine View Post
This is a topic that I haven't seen on here that I would think is interesting.

What are your top 5 Amusement/Theme Parks?
I'm only rating ones I've been to obviously.

1-Cedar Point (Sandusky, OH) is my overall favorite, mainly because of it's amazing roller coasters

2-Holiday World (Santa Clause, IN) has an amazing water park, but also has some really good wooden coasters. Plus free drinks and sun screen all day every day!

3-Kings Island (Mason, OH) is just an all around great park. Plenty of thrill rides, great coasters, good family rides, and also has a decent water park

4- Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (Vallejo, CA) has a great family atmosphere. They have basically a mini zoo and also some decent rides with a couple good coasters

5- Dollywood (Pigeon Forge, TN) again is a great family park but also has some nice views of the Smoky Mountains. A few decent coasters and rides as well.

Old 07-19-2017, 06:00 PM

3,594 posts, read 1,793,885 times
Disney World
Cedar Point
Universal Studios Orlando
6 Flags: Great Adventure
6 Flags: Magic Mountain

Old 07-19-2017, 06:11 PM

2,272 posts, read 2,221,929 times
Disney World (Orlando) - how can you not love it? How can this not be #1?

Six Flags Great Adventure - tallest rollercoaster in the world

Universal Studios (Both Orlando and LA)- I like the actual theme park in Florida better, but both are great and LA gets points for being in the actual place.

Hershey Park - The candy is a plus.

Old 07-19-2017, 06:31 PM

6,359 posts, read 8,833,185 times
1. Disney World Resort (Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom)
2. Disneyland Resort (Disneyland, California Adventure)

Old 07-19-2017, 06:34 PM

3,332 posts, read 3,697,576 times
Disneyworld
Disneyland
Universal Studios
Busch Gardens
Cedar Point

Old 07-19-2017, 06:51 PM

23,535 posts, read 24,029,400 times
Disneyland, Disneyworld Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Universal (Los Angeles), and Knott's Berry Farm.

Old 07-19-2017, 10:10 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,462,510 times
From where I've been; Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure in Florida.
Typhoon Lagoon as a water park, Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom at WDW, Six Flags over Texas in Arlington.

Where I'd like to go; Cedar Point in Ohio, Busch Gardens in Florida, Carowinds on the North and South Carolina border, Schlitterbahn in Texas (I think the one in Kansas City would haunt me after what happened to that poor boy) any of those boardwalk carnival theme parks in New Jersey and just for chits and giggles, Action Park in New Jersey! I'd also like to go to Wisconsin Dells. Oh, and Valley Fair in Minnesota.

Old 07-20-2017, 06:35 AM

811 posts, read 889,202 times
I love theme parks and amusement parks, but I will lump them both together in my ranking.

1. DisneyWorld Resort, Orlando. ( I am including all four parks). It doesn't get any better than Disney Parks. I have been going to the Florida resort for a long time and there is always something new. Not to mention, Disney knows how to do theme parks and does it well...friendly "cast members", impeccable cleanliness of the parks and an immersive park experience, there is no other theme park quite like it, except of course the original in California.

2. King's Island, Cincinnati. A traditional style amusement park with fantastic selection of roller coasters. The park is always very clean and actually has some decent entertainment options with shows, characters, etc.

3. Cedar Point, Sandusky. Roller coaster capital of the world and rightly so. If you are into coasters, I cannot think of a better park to visit. Also has fantastic views of Lake Erie as the park sits on a peninsula.

4. Universal Orlando Resort, Flordia. Trying to compete with Disney Parks and does a great job. I am a fan of the theming at Islands of Adventure.

5. Kennywood, Pittsburgh. An old timey, traditional amusement park that has that family park feel of a bygone era. I really enjoyed visiting this park. It doesn't have a lot of thrilling rides or coasters, but it still is a fun place that reminds one of amusement parks of the past.

Old 07-20-2017, 05:57 PM

8,090 posts, read 6,964,197 times
For some strange reason, I've been to a lot of Six Flags parks. I've been to Great Adventure, Great America, Astroworld, Fiesta Texas and Six Flags over Georgia. They all kinda suck, although growing up in New York, Great Adventure has a special place in my heart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.