Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2017, 05:32 AM

9,909 posts, read 7,689,224 times

Advertisements

Sacramento
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2017, 02:11 PM

707 posts, read 749,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
i know but the OP asked for metros with at least a million.I do agree that Alamogordo and Cruces have nice winters
Ah, okay. I must have missed that part.

Old 08-01-2017, 02:24 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,369,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehkou View Post
Ah, okay. I must have missed that part.
Its fine buddy....it happens to the best of us lol

Old 08-05-2017, 01:17 AM

3,439 posts, read 3,367,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboys fan in Houston View Post
Tucson might be one. I wouldnt call the summers mild but they are more so than Phoenix.
Even if Tucson might be milder than Phoenix's temps, I suspect it wouldn't be by a lot. I suspect I wouldn't want to live in either the Phoenix or Tucson area, due to how hot it gets there in the summer. I wouldn't mind Flagstaff though, since it gets milder temperatures, and also doesn't get too cold in the winter. Plus wouldn't be too far of a drive away from Las Vegas and Phoenix, for more things to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texyn View Post
I have to laugh at the people naming places like North Georgia, Cincinnati, and Portland; these places are far from mild in winter, so the fact that they are being named shows that Americans have no idea what moderate weather truly entails.
Growing up in Chicago, I honestly don't mind cool temperatures, or a tiny bit of snow. I just hate the excessive amount some places can get, like in the Upper Midwest(i.e. Chicago, but moreso somewhere like Minneapolis or Duluth). I only just hate the excessive length winter can feel like it takes, during the months of colder weather. Hence why I don't have a problem with someone saying Cincinnati.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar54 View Post
Las Cruces/El Paso.
Those are good suggestions, I'd agree with both places. I recall going to El Paso years ago(didn't make it north to Las Cruces), and liked that city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehkou View Post
But ABQ gets so cold! Granted it isn't like new England cold, but still fatally cold.

Even in the summer it gets cold at night; the effects of living in a mile-high desert.

It doesn't get as hot as El Paso or Phoenix. The hottest I've personally seen here was 104°, but I've also seen it get down to -8° once.

I never saw it snow in DFW, but there was freezing rain and a twister. And, don't even get me started on the humidity. Not pleasant!
I'd totally be okay with Albuquerque's climate. I don't mind occasional snow(yes I meant that) or cold weather(growing up in Chicago), but just hate the long length Chicago winters can get in some years! And I'd rather take an ABQ winter, over a northern New England winter(i.e. New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine) any day of the week.

Old 08-05-2017, 02:23 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,369,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Sacramento
OP did not want places in California.

Old 08-05-2017, 07:14 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,069,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelterSkelter View Post
The lowest winters temps get in lower Michigan is around 30 and compared to the north east coast the past two years snow fall is very minimal. Overall Cleveland/Detroit and surrounding areas have a pretty mild climate for seasonal cities.
No --Actually Detroits average nightly low temp in winter is 18-19 degrees. As an average, this means that some nights are colder. Climate - United States - Monthly averages
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.