Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Best smaller city in this region???
Pueblo 1 2.86%
Grand Junction 5 14.29%
Santa Fe 10 28.57%
Saint George 5 14.29%
Prescott 6 17.14%
Flagstaff 8 22.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 11:41 AM

198 posts, read 1,279,087 times

Advertisements

There are many great smaller cities and towns throughout Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, and Arizona. However, which is your favorite? I personally have to go with Santa Fe just over Pueblo.

<removed hot linked photos: please post only your own photos, otherwise just link to the location of the photos>

Last edited by PNW-type-gal; 04-01-2019 at 03:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2011, 11:56 AM

14,129 posts, read 31,238,974 times
Durango too small to make the list?

Old 04-11-2011, 11:59 AM

12,262 posts, read 24,452,401 times
Interesting list. I picked Pueblo, obviously, but usually we are with the larger cities not the smaller ones as the city is over 100,000 people. Thus we have amenities that most of these cities, including Grand Junction, can only dream of.

Old 04-11-2011, 12:50 PM

I meant like smaller more notable cities. For instance, C-Springs, Tucson, and others are too large. However, Durango, Farmington, and others may be a little too small. I know Durango is notable, but i just don't think its large enough. I really just listed the more notable mid-size cities in the SW states.

Old 04-11-2011, 01:00 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,514,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
Durango too small to make the list?
Yeah, that was the first small city that came to mind when I heard "Four Corners"... Durango's got a good location right on the edge of the San Juan mountains. Maybe it was too small for this poll however.

I voted for Flagstaff--it's kind of nice mix of mountain town and college town, and close to some real interesting Southwestern landscapes(including the Grand Canyon and the Red Rocks and it's got a nice small city donwtown. I like Santa Fe also, however the yuppification of that town kind of bugs me--but it's got the most unique cultural feel of the cities on the list.

St. George has a nice location, but the city itself just feels like kind of typical Sunbelt sprawl, albeit in Utah. Grand Junction and Prescott are alright, but I've never been that impressed with them when I've travelled through the area. Pueblo, I've always associated more of with the Front Range in my mind than the rest of the Southwest and the Four Corners, but I guess it is fairly close to New Mexico.

Old 04-11-2011, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Yeah, that was the first small city that came to mind when I heard "Four Corners"... Durango's got a good location right on the edge of the San Juan mountains. Maybe it was too small for this poll however.

I voted for Flagstaff--it's kind of nice mix of mountain town and college town, and close to some real interesting Southwestern landscapes(including the Grand Canyon and the Red Rocks and it's got a nice small city donwtown. I like Santa Fe also, however the yuppification of that town kind of bugs me--but it's got the most unique cultural feel of the cities on the list.

St. George has a nice location, but the city itself just feels like kind of typical Sunbelt sprawl, albeit in Utah. Grand Junction and Prescott are alright, but I've never been that impressed with them when I've travelled through the area. Pueblo, I've always associated more of with the Front Range in my mind than the rest of the Southwest and the Four Corners, but I guess it is fairly close to New Mexico.
I didn't mean to put Four Corners, although they are the four corner states. I meant to just put greater SW states. But yeah, I had to vote for Santa Fe myself, even though I live in CO.

Old 04-12-2011, 12:14 AM

2,032 posts, read 4,889,348 times
I'm votin Cortez CO. I spent 2 weeks there and it was rad. Nice all around.

Old 04-12-2011, 09:39 PM

No one likes Prescott, AZ??? Looks like a beautiful place to me.

Old 04-13-2011, 12:08 AM

2,032 posts, read 4,889,348 times
Prescott is no where near 4 corners.

Old 04-13-2011, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacto View Post
Prescott is no where near 4 corners.
I know, but when I started this thread it said nothing about four corners. Who ever moved this forum to general US added that part. I only titled this originall "Best samller city in this region of the country". Some editor or someone added the "Four Corners" region part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.