Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2018, 11:11 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,748,387 times

Advertisements

Where are good cities for single guys to live in?

Rules:

1. Please avoid cities in west coast states (California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana)

2. Have fun
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2018, 09:19 AM

2,427 posts, read 2,478,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FHLfan View Post
nay, try Atlanta first, then currently Nashville...assuming you're a heterosexual male who actually likes women...and Miami is out of sight as well, and Orlando is bustling with women as well
Yep,,, Agreed on all 4 locations when it comes to women for a single guy!!! (ATLANTA, MIAMI, NASHVILLE, ORLANDO)

Old 04-12-2018, 11:44 AM

7,778 posts, read 10,166,473 times
Haha I think we've had this thread before. For me it would be NYC 100%.

Other places can come into play when factoring COL or specific interests/lifestyles, but generally speaking, the pool of single women is greatest in NYC.

Old 04-12-2018, 11:53 AM

23,688 posts, read 9,383,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post

Rules:

1. Please avoid cities in west coast states (California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana)

2. Have fun
It would be Lubbock,Abilene and Waco, Texas for me.

Old 04-13-2018, 10:26 AM

647 posts, read 1,523,397 times
Definitely avoid Austin, TX. A lot of people think that city is great for single guys but I lived there for over five years and had no luck.

Old 04-13-2018, 11:10 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,075,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post

Rules:

2. Have fun
There's way too little information to give a complete answer to this question.

1. What are interests of single guys? If you're into ATVing, hunting, and fishing, your results might be different than if you like craft beer, local cuisine, and a nice coffee shop at which to read?

2. How much do said single guys care about a dating scene? Is it a main priority? Or are they just interested in meeting friends? What if they're not heterosexual?

3. Does the race or ethnicity of said single guys matter?

I'm going to guess that Atlanta would be the most palatable across a broad spectrum of single guys, but I could be wrong.

Old 04-13-2018, 12:55 PM

2,195 posts, read 1,852,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon22 View Post
Definitely avoid Austin, TX. A lot of people think that city is great for single guys but I lived there for over five years and had no luck.
Austin is choc full of amazingly gorgeous women. However, many are college students from somewhere else, or they are Texan ladies already hitched with Texan husbands.

Old 04-13-2018, 03:19 PM

656 posts, read 813,621 times
Too bad you nixed California. Being a single straight man in San Francisco was GREAT! Women come to you.

Old 04-14-2018, 12:08 AM

14 posts, read 13,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FHLfan View Post
nay, try Atlanta first, then currently Nashville...assuming you're a heterosexual male who actually likes women...and Miami is out of sight as well, and Orlando is bustling with women as well
In my experience, Atlanta is good if you're into black women but if you're into anything else, it is slim pickings. Getting hot white girls in Atlanta is so tough compared to elsewhere for me and I have also found the latinas and ethnic women to be quite stuckup in the city.

Old 04-14-2018, 10:34 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,748,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by More Rock View Post
Too bad you nixed California. Being a single straight man in San Francisco was GREAT! Women come to you.
That has been my experience no matter where I go in California.

Too bad I had to blacklist that state because of the insane cost of living, high taxes, and politics
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.