Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2019, 11:25 PM

623 posts, read 233,995 times

Advertisements

Wife and I can't decide between Asheville,NC , Greenville,SC and Charlotte NC as a city to visit for 2 nights and days for our anniversary. We will mostly window shop,thrift store shop, like to have a nice romantic dinner and maybe just act like tourists and see/visit interesting spots...I have been to both Asheville and Greenville and only driven through Charlotte on the interstate. I am leaning more towards Asheville and she is undecided. What does everyone suggest?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2019, 04:49 AM

27,224 posts, read 43,942,133 times
I would side with you on Asheville. There's just so much to do there and it has the food scene of a major city despite it's small size. Having tried out a number of restaurants on multiple visits I would recommend for "romantic" places like Red Stag Grill in the Grand Bohemian Hotel https://www.kesslercollection.com/red-stag-grill/ Zambra which is a cozy, romantic Spanish Tapas restaurant with great food and live jazz weekend nights (10pm) https://zambratapas.com/ or for an amazing view with good food/service Sunset Terrace at the historic Omni Grove Park Inn is tough to beat. You'll definitely want to book at a time when at least the end of your meal catches the start of sunset over the Blue Ridge Mountains. After dinner walk the stunning lobby and grounds, or have a nightcap at one of the many options. https://www.omnihotels.com/hotels/as...sunset-terrace

Old 03-29-2019, 05:57 AM

828 posts, read 649,798 times
Asheville is probably the best for that time span. Charlotte is nice, but requires more thinking about where to go, what you want to see, etc. Not the best place to just relax as a tourist although there is good stuff IMO. In the case of Greenville, it's fine too, but there's just a bit less around downtown (it has improved a lot though).

Old 03-29-2019, 09:34 AM

37,882 posts, read 41,970,495 times
Charlotte isn't a leisure tourist-type city so I wouldn't even have it as an option. Between Asheville and Greenville, I think the former edges out the latter when it comes to what you guys are looking for.

Old 03-29-2019, 09:38 AM

10,105 posts, read 7,406,923 times
I would go with Greenville. Better downtown in my view with waterfall and big trees

Greenville downtown has more than Asheville..

Old 03-29-2019, 10:15 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,863,660 times
Not Charlotte...I love it but so spread out...

Check online to see what Asheville and Greenville have going on the days you plan to be there, then decide....

concerts, plays, music, art, zoo, hiking, whatever you enjoy...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.