Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 03:52 PM

970 posts, read 2,951,091 times

Advertisements

The program has ended due to higher than expected demand:

Rain Check Information - KFC.com (http://www.kfc.com/coupons/raincheck.asp - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2009, 04:01 PM

2,926 posts, read 8,572,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newarkbomb View Post
And that MS comment is funny, never heard that one!
Not sure how that is "funny."

Old 05-09-2009, 04:06 PM

3,085 posts, read 5,240,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaflsc View Post
The program has ended due to higher than expected demand:

Rain Check Information - KFC.com (http://www.kfc.com/coupons/raincheck.asp - broken link)
They should have known better.

Old 05-09-2009, 05:35 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,857,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
Umm, the whole basis of the idea is to promote a healthier brand of chicken, hence, the grilled part.
Healthier than what? The greasy fried chicken that they already serve? Just about everything is healthier than that.

I just saw a commercial with the President of KFC apologizing for running out of that crap. Little does he know he was doing all those people a favor. Maybe instead of getting their free two piece maybe they decided to eat something healthier instead. How did he not know that promoting something with Oprah would cause mass hysteria.

Really people, it's a two piece chicken meal. Is it really worth your time standing in line for hours for a chicken meal? I'm a graduate student with limited funds but I would never waste my time in line for an unhealthy meal worth $6. It's really not expensive to go to the grocery store and prepare your own meals. In the long run you will have less medical expenses. Who knows what KFC is pumping into those grilled chickens.

Old 05-09-2009, 08:23 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,220,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
Healthier than what? The greasy fried chicken that they already serve? Just about everything is healthier than that.

I just saw a commercial with the President of KFC apologizing for running out of that crap. Little does he know he was doing all those people a favor. Maybe instead of getting their free two piece maybe they decided to eat something healthier instead. How did he not know that promoting something with Oprah would cause mass hysteria.

Really people, it's a two piece chicken meal. Is it really worth your time standing in line for hours for a chicken meal? I'm a graduate student with limited funds but I would never waste my time in line for an unhealthy meal worth $6. It's really not expensive to go to the grocery store and prepare your own meals. In the long run you will have less medical expenses. Who knows what KFC is pumping into those grilled chickens.
You sure are a cranky person, do you whine and complain about everything in this world??

It's free chicken! It's helping keep money in our pockets and also feed starving people. I really don't see why your getting so worked up over it, no one is forcing you to eat the damn chicken.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
You sure are a cranky person, do you whine and complain about everything in this world??

It's free chicken! It's helping keep money in our pockets and also feed starving people. I really don't see why your getting so worked up over it, no one is forcing you to eat the damn chicken.
Feed starving people?? Give me a break. These two piece meals are not feeding starving people, just cheap and greedy people. You won't find many starving people going online printing out coupons.

As for the comment calling me cranky. So be it. But just let someone say something negative about a certain city and you become the crankiest person of them all.

Old 05-10-2009, 06:28 AM

970 posts, read 2,951,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
THEY WON'T TAKE THE DAMN COUPONS IN HOUSTON!
Cheapest & greediest city evar.

Old 05-10-2009, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaflsc View Post
Cheapest & greediest city evar.
Maybe it's just a way to combat the fattest city image. Finally, Houston is doing something right.

Old 05-10-2009, 11:54 AM

3,085 posts, read 5,240,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post

Geez easy on the vegan revolution rhetoric, lol. Nobody's telling you to forgo your tofu burgers.

Old 05-12-2009, 07:43 PM

723 posts, read 1,634,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
Geez easy on the vegan revolution rhetoric, lol. Nobody's telling you to forgo your tofu burgers.
I didn't see the vegan talk. Can you bold that part of the quote next time. please?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.