Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 10:51 AM

2 posts, read 18,508 times

Advertisements

My family and I are relocating to Fort Benning, GA, from Colorado Springs, Colorado. We are very active in the outdoors, from camping, kayaking, Adventure racing, to so much more. We have tween children; ages 13 to 10, so finding a good school is important. We would like any information on the best schools and areas to live, which are not to far from Fort Benning, but are willing to commute if need be. Any information is Wecome.... Thank You!

Last edited by knipscher; 04-23-2007 at 11:38 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2007, 12:09 PM

119 posts, read 834,942 times
Default Relocating

We are moving to Columbus, Georgia in five weeks from Utah. I was there just last week. I loved it there. Way different from out West.

I have done a lot of research. I don't know what grade your 13-year-old is going into. But Columbus High, a magnet school, is the number one high school there. You have to test to get in and have a B average. They can send a test to your child's school right now and he can test in Colorado. I don't know about junior highs though. The best part of town is definitely the north part. The weather is great there.

Old 04-23-2007, 01:28 PM

2 posts, read 18,508 times
Our 13 year old is going into seveth grade, so finding a good Middle school is important as well as an Elementary Schools.

Thank you..

Old 04-23-2007, 01:31 PM

119 posts, read 834,942 times
Default Schools

You can got to this web site. I thought it was pretty informative.
http://www.greatschools.net/

Old 04-24-2007, 06:51 AM

233 posts, read 1,226,795 times
I lived in Columbus for 3 years. I liked it. My kids were only in elementary school though. They attend Waddell and I had no problems with it. My children did well and the teachers were really nice. It has a small town feel but it's close to a lot of shopping, restaurants, and entertainment. It has a lot to offer.

Old 05-06-2007, 05:19 PM

105 posts, read 527,018 times
Midland or Richards Middle Schools

Old 08-13-2008, 08:33 PM

1 posts, read 8,903 times
Default Fort Benning Rental Home

My husband and I are moving to Fort Hood and our home is currently available for rent. It is new and in a great subdivision in Phenix City... minutes from the back gate of Fort Benning.

4 Bedroom/ 2 Bath Home in Misty Forrest Subdivision for rent through Kennon Parker Duncan and Key realtors immediately. This home is minutes from Fort Bennings back gate which is ideal for service members. The house is huge featuring vaulted ceilings throughout. The kitchen has separate island, built in microwave oven,free range oven, plenty of cabinet space and stainless steel refridgerator. Master Bedroom has two huge walk in closets and features separate shower and garden tub also has double sinks. Laundry room with plenty of cabinet space. Attic and utility room for storage. Double car garage. Three huge back bedrooms with shared bathroom with double vanity sinks and shower/tub. All rooms feature walkin closets. Call for more information: 706-327-2255 or email [EMAIL="lboyce395@yahoo.com"]lboyce395@yahoo.com[/EMAIL].

If you are interested just let me know.
Attached Thumbnails
Relocating to Fort Benning...-house.jpg   Relocating to Fort Benning...-part-kitchen.jpg  

Old 08-27-2009, 10:32 AM

1 posts, read 7,707 times
Check out our house @ this website. 5513 Rockhurst Drive - Brookview Estates off Macon Road! For Sale By Owner Home

Close to base and 3 min walk to Waddell

Old 08-27-2009, 11:19 AM

21 posts, read 68,146 times
The OP is from April 2007.....you guys are late for lunch!!
Isn't the Rockhurst house where the killings took place?

Old 11-18-2009, 10:53 AM

1 posts, read 7,145 times
We will be moving to Fort Benning,Ga. area from Jacksonville,Fl the first of the year. What area do we need to stay in and how close can we live to the base? Also is your 6th grade in middleschool or still in the Elem. schools? Thanks M. Smith
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
View detailed profiles of: