Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2007, 05:05 PM

16 posts, read 42,162 times

Advertisements

hello I am a Culinologist/Chef investigating jobs in Ga. does anyone have any info about cartersville GA. Any info pertaining to racial diversity and racism and or any problems with either one of these

please let me know.

Chef Mike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2007, 08:26 PM

1,755 posts, read 5,682,424 times
Well, if your looking for 'diversity' as how most people refer to it on this board, you'll be disappointed. Cartersville is mostly white, still mostly rural, but there are some blacks there.

However, you question addresses racial diversity, so not only black and white is what you're asking for, so in that case there are next to none asians, east-indians, west-indians, arabs and latinos.

However, there's some nice quality restaurants/bars up there for a country town. examples are Appalachian Grill and Knights

Old 08-06-2007, 01:31 PM

102 posts, read 382,577 times
Outside of whites, blacks, and Hispanics; there is no diversity. Cartersville is probably around 20 - 25% Black, 10% Hispanics, with the rest being White because other races probably make up 1 - 3% all together.

The black and Hispanic population in Cartersville (especially in unincorported parts, are growing fast), the town is not as rural as people like to claim but at the same time it is not growing fast like the rest of Metro Atlanta. For example, when I was growing up Acworth wasn't half the size of Cartersville; now Acworth has almost twice as much as Cartersville.

Right now you will find most of the favorite department stores, grocery stores, and restaurants (Kohl's, Ross, Belks, Target, Publix, K-mart, Walmart, Red Lobster, Starbucks, Ruby Tuesday, etc.) and even special hometown favorite restaurants/bars that bring in people from everywhere (D'morgans, Ambra, Knights & more)

There still isn't a mall, but that along with slow growth is about to change. There are two separate rumors going on about a mall coming to the county, there are several very large subdivisions (communities) being built in and around Cartersville, and Main Street and West Avenue in Cartersville are exploding with commercial development (some fear Main Street will become the next Barrett Parkway) Let me not forget the fact that Georgia is trying to get Anhuseur Busch to build a Busch Gardens on their property in Cartersville.

Now the rest of Bartow County is full of your typical white conservitive communities; and with me being black I wouldn't want to live there. Some places will make you feel like you're in S. Georgia (Kingston). Adairsville is a pure redneck town but this will change as soon as Caleba open their new store there.

Cartersville is a great place to live; beware of the rest of the county though.

Old 08-27-2007, 03:54 PM

3 posts, read 10,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeahitsme View Post
Outside of whites, blacks, and Hispanics; there is no diversity. Cartersville is probably around 20 - 25% Black, 10% Hispanics, with the rest being White because other races probably make up 1 - 3% all together.

The black and Hispanic population in Cartersville (especially in unincorported parts, are growing fast), the town is not as rural as people like to claim but at the same time it is not growing fast like the rest of Metro Atlanta. For example, when I was growing up Acworth wasn't half the size of Cartersville; now Acworth has almost twice as much as Cartersville.

Right now you will find most of the favorite department stores, grocery stores, and restaurants (Kohl's, Ross, Belks, Target, Publix, K-mart, Walmart, Red Lobster, Starbucks, Ruby Tuesday, etc.) and even special hometown favorite restaurants/bars that bring in people from everywhere (D'morgans, Ambra, Knights & more)

There still isn't a mall, but that along with slow growth is about to change. There are two separate rumors going on about a mall coming to the county, there are several very large subdivisions (communities) being built in and around Cartersville, and Main Street and West Avenue in Cartersville are exploding with commercial development (some fear Main Street will become the next Barrett Parkway) Let me not forget the fact that Georgia is trying to get Anhuseur Busch to build a Busch Gardens on their property in Cartersville.

Now the rest of Bartow County is full of your typical white conservitive communities; and with me being black I wouldn't want to live there. Some places will make you feel like you're in S. Georgia (Kingston). Adairsville is a pure redneck town but this will change as soon as Caleba open their new store there.

Cartersville is a great place to live; beware of the rest of the county though.
Yeah you hit it right on the nail with that. I live in Cartersville as well and I'm surprised with Acworths growth as well as Cartersville. Anybody trying to get in on Cartersville's real estate or business oppurtunities will surely be pleased 5 to 10 years from now. Emerson is also an area to take notice. Most of my family lives there and it's always been a complete hick town except now so much land has been cleared over there for all kind of commercial growth. The main rumors is that a mall is being built there and some say it may be one the biggest in Georgia. On the west side of Cartersville near Woodland High School, one of the biggest subdivisions in Metro Atlanta is being built that's a gated community and will feature a huge golf course, about an 8 mile walking trail, tennis courts, and its own publix shopping center. Oh yeah for the next 2 years the Miss Teen Georgia and Miss Georgia pagent will be held in Woodland sometime in November. Bartow county is prime real estate now. AJC (Atlanta Journal Constitution) called Bartow the next Gwinnett county (which is the second or third largest county in GA). He hit the diversity right on the mark. There is a huge rise in latinos here but we will soon see more diversity since now I also see a huge increase in Indians and tiny rise in Asians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia