Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 12:00 PM

6 posts, read 16,392 times

Advertisements

Blue Ridge Ga. is a tourist town, we have a train for people to ride and view. A lovely place to live,things to do, frindley people, people can not be friendly and safe in a large city, I live here as a child, move away for 43 years and come back 7 year ago, to stay. My husband like it here too, we enjoy the music parks, all kind of music, free. We have a low cost town. People enjoys each other, and safe for children, good schools. Even with people coming in to view things, its not like they run over any one, no knock downs. Just a safe layed back home place. I have a little 3 bed room brick house on about 3 achers for sale, I need to be down town, I am handicapped and I could get around better hearer down town. Blue Ridge Ga. with the small near by towns is a great place to live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2009, 12:29 PM

23,464 posts, read 44,090,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgustaTruth View Post
I think Washington also deserves to be included in that group.
So do I, along with Social Circle.
Another 'hidden gem' for me is Waynesboro, south of Augusta.

Old 08-02-2009, 12:32 PM

470 posts, read 1,501,081 times
While I live in Athens, I enjoy driving through the back roads and the small towns. I enjoy heading down into Greene County and then up through Washington, or sometimes back up through the Penfield or Union Point area, and then maybe up to Maxeys. Lexington is also a very nice old town, with a great court house.

Old 08-02-2009, 12:45 PM

150 posts, read 481,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Cannon View Post
Blue Ridge Ga. is a tourist town, we have a train for people to ride and view. A lovely place to live,things to do, frindley people, people can not be friendly and safe in a large city, I live here as a child, move away for 43 years and come back 7 year ago, to stay. My husband like it here too, we enjoy the music parks, all kind of music, free. We have a low cost town. People enjoys each other, and safe for children, good schools. Even with people coming in to view things, its not like they run over any one, no knock downs. Just a safe layed back home place. I have a little 3 bed room brick house on about 3 achers for sale, I need to be down town, I am handicapped and I could get around better hearer down town. Blue Ridge Ga. with the small near by towns is a great place to live.

Im from Blueridge and a lot of are sick of people acting like Blue Ridge is a tourist town 'if theirs a tourist season why can't we shoot them"?. Its not a lowcost town with half of Florida moving here foir their second houses theyve made the price of everything skyrocket. A lot of people that actually live here are losing their houses. The tourists are very pushy and arrogant and are always in a hurry. Theire was a armed homeinvasion a week or so ago and there is a lot of crime for such a small area. Lots of meth use and other narcotics. Theres no industry because our commisioners would rather market Fannin County as a tourist destination. Which is not what the majority of the people want. You must have a home for sale because your painting a picture that doesnt exiist.

Old 08-02-2009, 12:49 PM

23,464 posts, read 44,090,617 times
I believe this thread is about east GA, not north GA. Can we stay on topic?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia